BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0 Error (..) does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol.

I'm trying to install the BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0 version on my mac. I manage to finish the installation, but when trying to run it it fails with the error: "Alert The JVM shared library "Applications,' BonitaBPMCommunity-6-5-0/jra/Contentes/Home/jre/bin/ ../lib/server/libjvm .dylib does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol."

Below my enviromnet - MacBook Air - OS OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 - Processor Name: Intel Core i5 (64 bit) - Java Version 8 Update 40 (build 1.8.0_40-b26)

The file downloaded and installed was BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0-x86_64.dmg

Thanks in advance

Comments

Submitted by achandler_1 on Thu, 03/12/2015 - 18:20

I have the same problem. Similar config with Java Version 8 Update 31

Just downloaded 6.5 for the upcoming webinar. But unable to launch the application.

--Aaron

Submitted by paulo.jorge on Fri, 03/13/2015 - 16:37

I did the modification suggested and manage to solve the problem Thanks

Submitted by doug.thiel on Fri, 03/13/2015 - 18:31

I performed the modification suggested and now 6.5.0 is asking for Java 6. No joy.

Going to the terminal on my system and executing java -version

I get... java version "1.8.0_40" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b26) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)

my java_home is the same as provided in the modification. :-)

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Mon, 03/16/2015 - 10:04

What I can suggest is to try to uninstall all existing versions of Java (make sure no files left) and then do a fresh clean install of Java 8.

Also make sure that virtual machine path match your exact version of Java.

Submitted by doug.thiel on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 18:46

I still have a problem with BonitaBPMCommunity not running. I'm getting another Alert dialog: The JVM shared library */Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1_8_0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/../jre/lib/server/libjvm/dylib" does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol.

This is after performing the following...

I removed Java 6 with the following lines:

Remove the "system" JVM installed and maintained by Software Update % sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk

Remove any Java Developer Previews % sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0*.jdk

I also removed Java 8. As far as I can tell there are no more Java JDK files on my system, OS X 10.10.2.

As suggested I used the .zip installation of the Community Edition, 6.5.0.

I re-installed Java 8.

my java -version is: java version "1.8.0_40" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b26) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)

my java_home is: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home

my BonitaBPMCommunity.ini is: -startup ../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar --launcher.library ../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx_1.1.200.v20140603-1326 --launcher.XXMaxPermSize512m -clearPersistedState -vm /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -vmargs -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6 -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -Xmx512m -Xms128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xdock:name=BonitaBPM -XstartOnFirstThread -Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts -Djava.endorsed.dirs=../../../endorsed

4 answers

+14
This one is the BEST answer!

Same here, this worked:

Open "/Applications/BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0/BonitaBPMCommunity.app/Contents/MacOS/BonitaBPMCommunity.ini"

Obtain the location of the JRE / JDK on your system by executing in a terminal:

/usr/libexec/java_home

Add 2 lines after adapting the ...jdk1.8.0... to your system as found out above

-vm
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_31.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java

in between the following lines:

-clearPersistedState
-vmargs

-- Ralf

Note that using the zip version of the Studio instead of the installer should allow to avoid this issue.

@coloboxp You know me better than anyone, bravo! I do not want to argue. I install software on a latest version of operating system "clean-install" and the installer tells you this type of message. There are doubts, not about the qualities of the authors, but about the stability of the implementation if we could achieve its installation. For information, described maneuvers have been tried without success.

I am not an expert in java machines and I understood that I should not use the application. I continue in my work with solutions which are at my level ;-) I am sorry because I thought that BonitaBPM could help me. My apologies for my poor English Thank you.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Java 8 build 1.8.0_40_b27 BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0-x86_64.app

Install ... Launch ...

"The JVM shared library "Applications,' BonitaBPMCommunity-6-5-0/jra/Contentes/Home/jre/bin/ ../lib/server/libjvm .dylib does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol."

Uninstall ... Bye !

Comments

Submitted by coloboxp on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 09:32

Would upvote you but I can't.

It's not about being newbie nor if it's the first time someone uses something, obviously he hadn't the will to even follow the basic-simple instructions provided on this very page to fix the problem. If you think that adding a legend saying "Go to the website to find help" would make a difference... well... maybe. But personally I think that's obvious.. that's why some people, including us ended up here..

Kind of reminded me the "what have you tried?" http://mattgemmell.com/what-have-you-tried/

Never mind, his surrender on the first step makes me think that anyway he would surrender after two or three clicks and not finding what to do on the application itself...

Submitted by coloboxp on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 09:34

Would upvote you twice but I can't.

Ok, I will rename what I wrote so it's doesn't alter anyone's sensitivity

Submitted by coloboxp on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 09:36

Typical people that expects everything will be automagical and doesn't put the minimum effort on sorting things out. I can't imagine how a person like that would manage to achieve something with the application/engine anyway.

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 11:05

He's entitled to his opinion as are you,

however with respect if there is one thing that should work given a platform it is the installer. Even if it is Community.

It is the first place people interact directly with a product and some are not as well versed as others in the intricacies of jvm management (personally I hate it).

I would hope the message given:

The JVM shared library "Applications,' BonitaBPMCommunity-6-5-0/jra/Contentes/Home/jre/bin/ ../lib/server/libjvm .dylib does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol.

would be more than that and say something like,

A problem with the install environment has been encountered as follows:

The JVM shared library "Applications,' BonitaBPMCommunity-6-5-0/jra/Contentes/Home/jre/bin/ ../lib/server/libjvm .dylib does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol.

Please refer to the Bonita Community web site for first level assistance.

This is much nicer to a newbie (or a person who, using your words, is redacted by author) than just saying it doesn't work, maybe he would have been more receptive to finding out what the problem was in his environment and fix it rather than as it looks like, walk.

And calling him a redacted by author doesn't help, but that's your problem not his,

Best regards

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 11:07

One final comment if I may,

this is the first time in 4 years I've been on this site we've seen language like this,

I would like to see the site continue in it's focused way of helping others.

Your thoughts are your thoughts, please keep them to yourself as I have done many times before.

I hope the administrators review these comments (your's and mine) and delete them from the record to ensure we do not go down a slippery road seen on many many other sites.

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 11:12

I've updated mine also...would up-vote you to for your acknowledgment.

Thanks for the Matt Gemmell link, saw it a while back and forgot about it,

regards

Submitted by info_516 on Fri, 04/17/2015 - 14:16

The solution provided by ralf.herold got everything working for me thanks! CH

Submitted by jlvillamiel on Sun, 05/03/2015 - 20:33

The solution provided by ralf.herold got everything working for me too thanks herold!

Submitted by lucasant on Wed, 05/06/2015 - 05:38

The solution provided by ralf.herold got everything working for me too thanks!

Notifications