Import of organization in Bonita 6.3.8, 6.3.9 and 6.4.0 failed

Hello,

i have 98 users, 29 groups and 7 roles in my organization. After exporting the organization from the web portal i want to import it into the bonita studio. By importing the organization it failed.

Beim Migrieren der Datei ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. org.eclipse.emf.edapt.migration.execution.MigrationReconstructor.throwWrappedMigrationException(MigrationReconstructor.java:276) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.migration.execution.MigrationReconstructor.loadRepository(MigrationReconstructor.java:183) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.migration.execution.MigrationReconstructor.endRelease(MigrationReconstructor.java:147) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.history.reconstruction.CompositeReconstructorBase.endRelease(CompositeReconstructorBase.java:173) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.history.reconstruction.ForwardReconstructorBase.doReconstruct(ForwardReconstructorBase.java:83) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.history.reconstruction.ForwardReconstructorBase.doReconstruct(ForwardReconstructorBase.java:58) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.history.reconstruction.CompositeReconstructorBase.reconstruct(CompositeReconstructorBase.java:75) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.migration.execution.Migrator.migrate(Migrator.java:233) org.eclipse.emf.edapt.migration.execution.Migrator.migrateAndLoad(Migrator.java:185) org.bonitasoft.studio.actors.repository.OrganizationRepositoryStore.performMigration(OrganizationRepositoryStore.java:185) org.bonitasoft.studio.common.repository.store.AbstractEMFRepositoryStore.handlePreImport(AbstractEMFRepositoryStore.java:172) org.bonitasoft.studio.common.repository.store.AbstractRepositoryStore.importInputStream(AbstractRepositoryStore.java:110) org.bonitasoft.studio.actors.ui.handler.ImportOrganizationHandler$1.run(ImportOrganizationHandler.java:75) org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464) org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372) org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507) org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275) org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1162) org.bonitasoft.studio.actors.ui.handler.ImportOrganizationHandler.execute(ImportOrganizationHandler.java:64) org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:290) org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56) org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:243) org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:224) org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132) org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:167) org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499) org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508) org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213) org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:850) org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(HandledContributionItem.java:743) org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.access$7(HandledContributionItem.java:727) org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem$4.handleEvent(HandledContributionItem.java:662) org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84) org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057) org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170) org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759) org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113) org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332) org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997) org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138) org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610) org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332) org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567) org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150) org.bonitasoft.studio.application.BonitaStudioApplication.start(BonitaStudioApplication.java:90) org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196) org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354) org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636) org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591) org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

But i can import the old organization with only 45 users. what can I do to fix this error ?

thanks for help Sandra

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 12/17/2014 - 12:19

I'm assuming you are going from lower to equal or higher levels when doing this, downwards may not work.

You could change the logging level (which one though I don't know) to get more information about what is happening, location in Studio is workspace\server_configuration\tomcat_conf\logging.properties

Otherwise open the XML file and have a look at the data record failing. It may be the 46th record that has some illegal character in it. What happens if you remove this one record from the file before importing?

I had something similar once when the description was "over long".

hope it helps regards

Seán

2 answers

Hi Seán,

thank you for your answer.

In the old organization which works correctly all users have password encrypted= "false". Now if i export it from the portal all users have password encrypted="true". With password encrypted="false" i can import the organization but with the new one it isn't possible.

Do you need only the organization i can't import?

regards Sandra

thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work yet.

I have compared the old organization with the new one and i saw that the password is encrypted. ( password encrypted="true">........................</password ) In the old organization "password encrypted= "false".

Could it be that there is the mistake?

I am working with the BonitaBPMCommunity-6.3.9 and Bonita BPM Portal Version : 6.3.1.

regards

Sandra

Comments

Submitted by haris.subasic on Wed, 12/17/2014 - 21:27

As an advice, you should always work with aligned/same versions between the Studio and the engine/portal. Otherwise you risk to have issues.

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 12/18/2014 - 06:41

Hi Haris,

I have to disagree with your statement to a point, what you're effectively saying is that it is not recommended to upgrade your organization to a newer level of the software, which I know is not what you mean.

Sandra is saying: I am exporting from portal 6.3.1 and importing to Studio 6.3.9

This forward migration ** is a **must for the product otherwise users will not be able to upgrade their systems to newer levels, which every user and software house wants.

If there is a necessary migration, like that done from 5.x to 6.x, then so be it but the software should do that.

I know processes cannot be exported from portal to studio which is correct and completely agreed with, but the Organization is something completely different. It is live data of the organization which must be exportable to a new version of Bonita Studio or Portal.

I don't want to hijack Sanda's problem with a fuller question/discussion on the transportability/upgrading of software so will open another thread about this, keep your eyes peeled later today.

Now to try to answer Sandra's query...

regards Seán

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 12/18/2014 - 07:48

Hi Sandra,

Question about the rest of the organization do they also have password encrypted= "false"? Or is it only this one record?

Trouble is it works for 50% of the people in the file, there should be no reason for it to fail unless there is something different about the record.

I've built organizations with > 100 people, > 500 groups and more than 30 roles. If you wanted (with company clearance first) I could have a look at your files if you want. I have all the levels of software you are using.

regards Seán

Submitted by sandra.storfinger on Thu, 12/18/2014 - 08:40

Hi Seán,

thank you for your answer.

In the organization i can't import, all users have password encrypted = "true". In the organization which works correctly password encrypted ="false".

From day to day it doesn't work....

Do you need only the new organization where password encrypted ="true"?

Could it be that the reason for the mistake is the difference between the data the organization is exporting? Some users are shown with following information:

*>

<user userName="..........">
  <password encrypted="true">...................................</password>
  <firstName>...........</firstName>
  <lastName>............</lastName>
  <enabled>true</enabled>
  <personalData/>
  <professionalData/>
  <customUserInfoValues/>
</user>*

other users have:

*>

<password encrypted="true">..................................................</password>
  <firstName>.............</firstName>
  <lastName>..............</lastName>
  <title/>
  <jobTitle/>
  <enabled>true</enabled>
  <personalData>

<city/>
    <country/>
    <email/>
    <mobileNumber/>
    <phoneNumber/>
    <state/>