Reminder mail - 6.4.2

Hi, I would to send a reminder email of the same task after a few days. I try it with a timer connect to a task of send email but it doesn't work. How can I do it? Thanks! Bye!

1 answer

+1

Hello,

To add a reminder to a task, use the non interrupting boundary timer. Add this boundary event to your human task: after this event, add an automatic task with email connector. You can take a look here: http://documentation.bonitasoft.com/events#timer

Comments

Submitted by chiaraparpinello on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 11:57

Thanks a lot! And is it possible do a "loop" of email, for example to send the same email every 3 days ?

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 15:04

yes, but it can't last forever...

Just add three Non-Int Timers, one for each 3 day period.

Add one Boundary Timer to stop it, say after 3 attempts for the email...

NIT1 = 3 days NIT2 = 6 days NIT3 = 9 days BT1 = 12 days...

regards

Submitted by yannick.lombardi on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 15:45

If you want to loop every 3 days while the task isn't done, you alse can do this : http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/227746infiniteReminder.png But each time the reminder is sent, the task is stopped and a new one is created.

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 16:16

So what is better?

To have a boundary or a Non-Int?

This is my thinking so please don't test me on this,

Things to consider, Non-Int will preserve already in play variables, will a Boundary considering it destroys the task in play and creates a new task? I don't know.

What we really need is all the Interrupt events available in the Standard, at present Bonita only has a sub-set of the full 12...

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 03/30/2015 - 16:16

So what is better?

To have a boundary or a Non-Int?

This is my thinking so please don't test me on this,

Things to consider, Non-Int will preserve already in play variables, will a Boundary considering it destroys the task in play and creates a new task? I don't know.

What we really need is all the Interrupt events available in the Standard, at present Bonita only has a sub-set of the full 12...

Notifications