Validation error with Inclusive gateway in 6.3.7 community edition

Hi,

Problem: Inclusive gateway shows validation error as "Exception All incoming transitions should come from the same gateway (explicit or implicit)" in the Bonita studio.

I have defined parallel gateway with two out going transitions say step3 and step4. The step3 will transit to Inclusive(AND) gateway where as step4 will transit to Exclusive gateway and then will have next transition as Inclusive(AND) gateway or back to step4 based on condition. Basically both step3 and step4 will transit to same inclusive gateway. When process is defined with such transitions, the Inclusive gateway shows above validation error.

Bonita version: 6.3.7 Java : 1.6 OS : Windows

Thanks, Hari Alla

Comments

Submitted by sylvain.bailly on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 14:17

Hi, Can you put a print screen of your diagram please? or draw it just to see the environnment.

Submitted by halla1 on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 15:42

Please find the process image below, error

Submitted by halla1 on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 15:46

I am unable to find option to attach the image file here. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Submitted by sylvain.bailly on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 15:49

Use this website and provide the link: http://www.hostingpics.net/

Submitted by sylvain.bailly on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 16:02

Thx

Submitted by sylvain.bailly on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 16:13

Sorry but I do not see the sense of this modeling (from my point of view).

I do not know your application but: - the Gateway 3 can be replace by a loop until ... in the task "step 3"? If I understand correctly the needs. - the inclusive Gateway "Gateway 2" is not good. Why at the begining you say that you must do task 2 and 3 in parallel and after merge them in an inclusive Gateway?

Link: http://knowhow.visual-paradigm.com/business-process-modeling/bpmn-gateways/

If you want I can help you tonight to work on it.

Submitted by halla1 on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 16:01

Please find the process image below, Process

1 answer

+1

It's a known issue (see this bug )

As far as I know it's only a validation issue so you should be fine to run such process.

For the record same issue happen with such design on gateway 3: Issue validation

Comments

Submitted by sylvain.bailly on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 16:18

Antoine, The step3 can be represented with a loop and do the same result as you? Just to have the BPMN lightweight?

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 16:22

That's right, in such simple scenario a lot can cover the need. But if an extra step is required while looping back loop will not cover the need. Maybe loop + call activity might do the trick.

Submitted by halla1 on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 17:33

Hi Sylvain, The diagram i shared is sample diagram modeled to represent the Gateway problem. As per actual process Step2, and Step3 belong to multiple lines. Please find the actual diagram below,

As per Antoine bug reference, it is not yet fixed in 6.3.7 version. In our case we have two steps required while looping, so loop will not solve our problem.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Submitted by halla on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 18:21

Hi Sylvain, You are right. It supposed to be AND gateway not the inclusive gateway. Thanks for catching it. The process design is still in draft state and not yet been reviewed.

Submitted by sylvain.bailly on Tue, 10/21/2014 - 20:24

Why the inclusive Gateway is not a AND Gateway? You dont need the agreement of IT + Account to do "Update termination status"?

Submitted by halla on Mon, 10/27/2014 - 10:25

As per Antoine bug reference https://bonita.atlassian.net/browse/BBPMC-184, it is not yet fixed in 6.3.7 version. So, closing the question for now.

Notifications