Version 6.2.3 not installing on Mavericks?

I am runing a OS X 10.9.2 and the only java available for installation is 64 bits.

the installation requests a 32 bits version. What can I do?

2 answers

This one is the BEST answer!

OK, I finally was able to make some trials. There is an issue with the Java installer: it does not set the java path for the system, and so, our Installer do not find it.

The solution is to dowload our "All In One" package, and to launch the BonitaBPM 64 bit for Mac. It might ask you where Java is located, and it should be something like "/usr/bin/java"

You can put the BonitaBPM folder in you Application Folder. If you need to create a shortcut for your dock, just right click or cmd+click on the launcher, and select "Make Alias". You can then put this alias where you want.

Edit: adding the shorcut tip.

Comments

Submitted by clopez_4 on Mon, 03/24/2014 - 21:18

It worked for me on my Mac OSX 10.9.2. There is not a particular application for Mac, it is just BonitaBPM 64 bit. Before installing, move the .zip file to Applications folder, if not you will allways have to open it from de Download folder.

First, got there or clic on Downloas button on Comunity website:
http://www.bonitasoft.com/how-we-do-it/downloads

Then, check that Mac is selected, and click on the 64 bit download button.

Some issues with latest Mac version are known with Gatekeeper, the integrated firewall/secutity tool. Please have a look at this documentation page:
http://documentation.bonitasoft.com/installing-bonita-bpm-studio-mac

You might have to set Gatekeeper for Bonita BPM Studio. Please note that on the doc page, there is this link from Apple doc:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5290

Tell me if it helps you

Comments

Submitted by jostapt on Tue, 03/11/2014 - 21:19

I was able to install the application.

But ii is not starting due to an error.

!SESSION 2014-03-11 20:16:12.274 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=6.0.3.
java.version=1.6.0_65
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: --launcher.XXMaxPermSize512m -keyring /Users/jostapt/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 --launcher.XXMaxPermSize512m -keyring /Users/jostapt/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-03-11 20:16:14.103
!ERROR Application error
!STACK 1
org.osgi.service.application.ApplicationException: No application id has been found.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:262)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Submitted by ttoine on Wed, 03/12/2014 - 10:26

could you please try with oracle java 7 ?

Submitted by jostapt on Wed, 03/12/2014 - 20:21

Oracle java 7 id already installed (update 51).

Submitted by jostapt on Wed, 03/12/2014 - 20:32

Cerytainly the problem is to enable the version 7?

Submitted by jostapt on Wed, 03/19/2014 - 02:17

How can I enable java 7 on the mavericks?

Notifications