[ANSWER] How to send a simple data from instantiation form to a process variable ?

Hello Yannick

An instantiation form is the form before the Start Event. If you select the pool and go to the Details panel, Execution tab, just under Contracts pane you'll find instantiation form.

I've created an instantiation form with UI Designer where I display a data from a contract. When the user enter a value and submit this form, how can I to get this data further in the process for to display it in another humaun task for example ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Submitted by big73 on Thu, 07/09/2015 - 10:44

I've just found, in version 7 to get values we have to get them by Extrenal API like here I've solved my problem.

Thanks.

Submitted by Gunther.dilles_1 on Thu, 07/09/2015 - 17:26

Can you explane more your solution. I'm trying the same but my ref_link is empty. I think that the taskid is wrong. How did you get the taskid in the variables.

Submitted by big73 on Thu, 07/09/2015 - 17:48

I think the taskid is not a problem here. If you have an instantiation form mapped with a contract, just see if you have initialized your variables with a script like here if this point is not done, you'll get a null. And you've to initialize all variables of your business object. Check out if you've not a mistake in variables's declaration in your script or in your form.

hope that helps. Sorry for my bad english ;)

Submitted by Gunther.dilles_1 on Thu, 07/09/2015 - 18:02

thank you very much. I did skip this step because i thought it was only to set default values on my new form. Didn't know it also gets the values from the initial form.

Submitted by big73 on Fri, 07/10/2015 - 09:01

Hello Gunther

it works nows ? your welcome

Submitted by Gunther.dilles_1 on Fri, 07/10/2015 - 09:30

I just tried it, and it works perfectly. Small things :) The next thing i want to accomplish is : i have a mysql DB and i have created a connector that gets a list of values. I want to use this list as a possible value in a select list in my form. The connector is created an i store the values in a java object list. Now how do i get the values in the select list ? I have tried with putting the name of the object in the select list possible values but nothing happens. Any suggestions :)

Submitted by big73 on Fri, 07/10/2015 - 10:08

I'm interesting by the same step but I don't how to do this but I suggest to you to create an other topic with your subject. Maybe there are many who are interested by this question and without any doubt you'll get an answer !

;)

Notifications