running Bonita portal and engine from BonitaBPMCommunity

Dear All
I am new to use Bonita.I have a question, is it possible to run Bonita portal and engine like Bonita BPM App Server Bundles from the BonitaBPMCommunity7.3 that i have installed before?
if answer is yes how?

Thanks in Advance

3 answers

+1
This one is the BEST answer!

To Customize Production Portal and is explained in various other posts, however here is the short version:

1. Backup the Bonitasoft database
  2. Extract the two files Content.Zip and CSSContent.txt from the Bonitasoft database table Theme (these are BLOB columns (CONTENT and CSSCONTENT respectively))
  3. Make changes according to this post (when I find the link I'll let you know)
  4. reZip Content.Zip correctly
  5. Import the two files Content.Zip and CSSContent.txt to the Bonitasoft database table Theme overwriting the previous data (CONTENT and CSSCONTENT columns respectively)

Hope this helps

regards
Seán

PS: If this reply answers your question, please mark as resolved.

Comments

Submitted by reza.mirzaie68 on Sat, 12/31/2016 - 07:36

i'm using microsoft sql server management studio and in bonita engine database there is theme table then i see the content and csscontent. so, there are saved as binary. How can i edit this files?
on the other hand, how can i extract Content.zip and csscontent.txt from Bonita table theme?

Best Regard.

Submitted by reza.mirzaie68 on Sat, 12/31/2016 - 11:32

Your guidance was perfect.i surf the net and finally i find the DBVisualizer tool. It is the universal database tool for developers, DBAs and analysts. It is the perfect solution since the same tool can be used on all major operating systems accessing a wide range of databases. by using this tool, I can modify the css content column that is stored in theme table.

Submitted by reza.mirzaie68 on Mon, 01/02/2017 - 05:53

Dear Sean
They are the CSS Content files that have succeeded in changing colors and fonts in a Bonita Portal. so, what about images such as logo and admin login image. How can i change them?
where are these saved in database i mean in which table?

regards
REZA

Submitted by chris.lowth on Thu, 01/05/2017 - 09:25

In the community edition (not sure of the others) you can change the login screen logo by dropping the new image into tomcat/webapps/bonita and editing the "img src" line in the login.jsp file in the same directory. No need to hack the journal.db in my experience.

Thanks for your answer Sean, By the way, I just want to customize Bonita Portal. so, How can i do it in Bonita BPM web application(JBoss or Tomcat Server) in production tab in download page?

I think you misunderstood my question. I used Bonita JBoss web application bundle one month ago.some months ago i have installed BonitaBPM Community version 7.3 in UBUNTU. is it possible i run portal independent like bundle from BonitaBPM Community? there is no script like "bonita-start.bat" or "bonita-start.sh" in Community version.

Best Regard.

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 12/28/2016 - 10:10

Hi Reza,

I Didn't understand the question? I think therefore the question must have been flawed...

In your original question there is no mention of running JBoss, or more importantly "...I just want to Customize..."

What do you mean Customize? Colour? Settings? Languages? Fonts?

Try to make the questions clearer.

bonita-start.bat and bonita-start.sh are simple shortcuts to the startup.bat and startup.sh in the \bin folder and start Tomcat or JBoss. If you are using the non-bundled version of Bonitasoft then you have to provide your own starting mechanism.

regards 

Submitted by reza.mirzaie68 on Wed, 12/28/2016 - 12:18

yes, you got my question. I download the production version then i config it and it works well. so i want to customize it like changing color or fonts or language or image or anything else.there are some css files but i can't modify them.

Yes, just download the appropriate modules...
http://www.bonitasoft.com/downloads-v2

Click on Customize your download

Click on Production Tab and download the necessary module.

regards
Seán

PS: If this reply answers your question, please mark as resolved.

Comments

Submitted by ashley.leonard777 on Mon, 03/20/2017 - 22:13

Hi

On BonitaBPMCommunity-7.4.1-wildfly-10.1.0.Final version - Every time you restart then the Bonitasoft database table Theme - resets to the original content.

Any ideas how to disable this?

Notifications