Assign a Task to Every User in a lane/group (independently)

Hello,

I'm looking to have a signoff-like task assigned to every member returned by a particular filter. It's a review/signoff task, so each person needs to complete it independently. I don't know the number of people in advance, could be just one or dozens. I've seen lots of questions about a pool of users being able to do a task, but in that case, only one user actually does the task. I need all of the users to do the task concurrently.

Thanks!

Josiah

1 answer

+1

You need an instance of the task created per user - which you can do with iteration.
Then either assign the tasks to the relevant users explicitly and/or provide a custom user filter.

I think I would do this with a service task that populates a process array variable with the list of users, then an iterated call task to spawn the multiple instances you need; one for each entry in the array.

Comments

Submitted by josiah.raiche on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 19:59

That sounds promising. I'll give it a try.

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 21:06

Chris describes exactly the way we do it as well, or did I give him the idea before :)

1. get the list of names
  2. multi-Instantiate the Start Process
  3. Start and Assign the process to each user
  4. Send an email to each user asking for them to complete their task

Don't forget to add a boundary timer for those approval tasks that do not get completed in an appropriate amount of time, managers go on holiday too so I'm told.

regards

Testing
Notifications