[Resolved] Studio Preview questions

konsultex's picture
Submitted by konsultex Thu, 10/15/2009 - 15:01

Maybe some of these things are not enabled in Preview. Here are the questions:

1) I would like to upload a bar file created with Bonita 4.1.1 but it didn't work for me. I know that all the files related to the Exo forms are not relevant any more but they could be ignored. What I really want is to upload the xpdl and the hook classes. Is this diabled or not planned?

2) I assume that the "connector" feature is disabled.

3) In most situations the security has to be integrated with the infrastructure in use. In particular, we have Bonita 4.1.1 processes which run in Exo where the users and groups are managed by Exo. Our external ETL processes create these groups and users by calling the Exo APIs. I would appreciate an explanation of how would this be done with Bonita 5?

Comments

Hello,

1) I would like to upload a bar file created with Bonita 4.1.1 but it didn't work for me. I know that all the files related to the Exo forms are not relevant any more but they could be ignored. What I really want is to upload the xpdl and the hook classes. Is this diabled or not planned?

Indeed, you cannot yet import your Bonita 4.X prrocess definitions in the Studio preview. Of course, this is a very important feature, and it will be implemented in final release!

In the meantime,. you can still import them in User Experience.

2) I assume that the "connector" feature is disabled.

Connectors are working at dev-time and runtime.

Did you experiment an issue with them?

3) In most situations the security has to be integrated with the infrastructure in use. In particular, we have Bonita 4.1.1 processes which run in Exo where the users and groups are managed by Exo. Our external ETL processes create these groups and users by calling the Exo APIs. I would appreciate an explanation of how would this be done with Bonita 5?

For what I understand of your question, you'll have to write the Group Resolver that will consume eXo api to resolve groups. See the LDAPRoleMapper for example.

The final release of Bonita 5 will provide tools to facilitate development of Connectors and groups/RoleMappers from Studio.

[quote=konsultex]

3) In most situations the security has to be integrated with the infrastructure in use. In particular, we have Bonita 4.1.1 processes which run in Exo where the users and groups are managed by Exo. Our external ETL processes create these groups and users by calling the Exo APIs. I would appreciate an explanation of how would this be done with Bonita 5?[/quote]

In fact, Bonita Open Solution 5 just need a jaas authentication. In your case, you use the jaas configuration of eXo. You also use the eXo user management. If you want to stay with this system, you just have to configure well jaas. If you want to change your user management system by another one (maybe a system based over an ldap server), you just have to provide the right Jaas LoginModule to connect to your system.

Actually I wasn´t able to get the connector to work. Maybe I don´t understand what needs to be done. I select an activity and then I select "connector". I then press "add" but nothings happens. Is this correct?

Actually I wasn´t able to get the connector to work. Maybe I don´t understand what needs to be done. I select an activity and then I select "connector". I then press "add" but nothings happens. Is this correct?

When clicking on "add" on connectors tab, you should see a wizard appearing to configure a connector. If you can't see this, this might be a bug.

A few questions:

* What is your OS ?

* In which folder did you unzip the studio ?

* Did you encounter any issue when unzipping the product ?

* Can you take a look at what is appended to your log file when clicking this "add" button (Help > Show log) ?

This has been successfully tested on all desktop OS here, I suspect (and hope) this is a side effect of the path too long issue with Windows

How strange, today it worked! Maybe the window was in the background and I didn't notice.

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional sp4 and it's installed in D:\BonitaStudio-5.0.preview. There were no problems unzipping. I see a lot of GWT errors in the log so maybe Windows 2000 isn't supported. Is this true?

Now that I have a connector, I suppose I have to use it in a hook. Or is there a way to tie it to a process or task variable?

If you want to use one of existing connectors, you can take a look at the Request For Advance Payment example, which contains 2 tasks that use the EMail Connector. There you can see how to inject process or activity variables at connector execution. Moreover, the list of available variables are proposed in input widgets to configure connector.

If you want to develop your own connector, then you'll have to mimic what is done in native connectors, put the connector description in a JAR file, add this jar to you studio context (Edit > Add Jars). Then you should see your connector listed when adding a new connector. The referenced Jar will be added to your process definition at export (ie inside of BAR file, or when clicking Run), and your connector executed at runtime.

The connector will have its wizard automatically generated from its description, and support for injection of process variables is provided by Bonita, so that you only have to focus on writing your business code, independently of Bonita.

All this development will be facilitated by a wizard to create connectors in final release.

I would like to use the connector to oracle database, It was not succesful! How can I do this?

Please, somebody write me an example.

Hi,

could you please open a new thread?

BR

buy tramadol online tramadol hcl and codeine - buy 200 mg tramadol online