7.3.3 and postgres problems

I've been trying to get 64 bit 7.3.3 Bonita BPM Studio community edition to work with postgres on windows 7. I have edited every configuration file I can find under my Bonita installation directory that might be related, but still cannot get it to work. When I try to publish my organization it says:

Cannot find a Listener with classname org.bonitasoft.tomcat.H2Listener

So it appears that there is still someplace that needs to be switched from H2 to postgres. The files I have modified are listed below and include all 4 versions of server.xml. What am I missing?

./plugins/org.bonitasoft.studio.console.libs_7.3.3.201610061535/tomcat/bin/setenv.bat
./plugins/org.bonitasoft.studio.console.libs_7.3.3.201610061535/tomcat/conf/server.xml
./plugins/org.bonitasoft.studio.console.libs_7.3.3.201610061535/tomcat/setup/database.properties
./plugins/org.bonitasoft.studio.console.libs_7.3.3.201610061535/tomcat/setup/platform_conf/initial/tenant_template_engine/bonita-tenant-community-custom.properties
./workspace/server_configuration/conf/bitronix-resources.properties
./workspace/server_configuration/conf/Catalina/localhost/bonita.xml
./workspace/server_configuration/conf/server.xml
./workspace/tomcat/bin/setenv.bat
./workspace/tomcat/conf/bitronix-resources.properties
./workspace/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/bonita.xml
./workspace/tomcat/conf/server.xml
./workspace/tomcat/setup/database.properties
./workspace/tomcat/setup/platform_conf/initial/platform_engine/bonita-platform-community-custom.properties
./workspace/tomcat/setup/platform_conf/initial/tenant_template_engine/bonita-tenant-community-custom.properties
./workspace/tomcat/setup/setup.bat

Comments

Submitted by kcrews on Wed, 01/25/2017 - 15:47

Thanks for the answers. The reason I want to use postgres with Studio is so that I can develop and test with the same database that I'll be using when it's deployed. I don't care what database Studio uses, if any, for its internal data. I just want to be able to use postgres when testing with Studio.

1 answer

+1

Hi,

I don't think you can run the Studio on another DB than H2. The usual usecase is to use the Studio running on H2 to develop your BPM applications, then when ready to release, deploy them to a standalone server of Bonita. You can use the Tomcat or Wildfly bundle for that.

Cheers

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 01/05/2017 - 06:45

Lionel is correct, STUDIO cannot be run on a different database, and I understand the reasons why. It allos for simple consistency of operation.

There is also no need to run STUDIO on another database...unless you can tell us why you want to do this?

regards

Notifications