can we test bonita7.1.2(community/subscription)in automation

we have a bonita custom forms,which are designed in bonita UI Designer,can we perform automation testing in that forms.if yes let me know how to do automation in that forms?
thanks in advance

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Fri, 02/12/2016 - 12:21

what do you mean by test in automation?

Do you mean run test scripts to test the process for functional/performance testing?

If so then yes you can, you just need to get the tool that is appropriate to your requirement.

have a look here for some ideas http://www.softwareqatest.com

regards
Seán

Submitted by ramireddy.pingala on Fri, 02/12/2016 - 12:32

I mean testing a process in selenium webdriver,not able to get the Textbox feild "id or xpath or name" of the element
and error is org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException: no such element: Unable to locate element: {"method":"link text","selector":"Do it"}
(Session info: chrome=48.0.2564.109)
(Driver info: chromedriver=2.19.346078 (6f1f0cde889532d48ce8242342d0b84f94b114a1),platform=Windows NT 6.1 SP1 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 32 milliseconds
For documentation on this error, please visit: http://seleniumhq.org/exceptions/no_such_element.html
Build info: version: '2.47.1', revision: '411b314', time: '2015-07-30 02:56:46'
System info: host: 'IICSS17', ip: '192.168.100.117', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.7.0_67'
*** Element info: {Using=link text, value=Do it}
Session ID: bec88543d5f0c372cdc6333eea1141f3
Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver
Capabilities [{platform=XP, acceptSslCerts=true, javascriptEnabled=true, browserName=chrome, chrome={userDataDir=C:\Users\renk4796.IIC\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dir6984_15308}, rotatable=false, locationContextEnabled=true, mobileEmulationEnabled=false, version=48.0.2564.109, takesHeapSnapshot=true, cssSelectorsEnabled=true, databaseEnabled=false, handlesAlerts=true, browserConnectionEnabled=false, webStorageEnabled=true, nativeEvents=true, hasTouchScreen=false, applicationCacheEnabled=false, takesScreenshot=true}]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:595)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.findElement(RemoteWebDriver.java:348)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.findElementByLinkText(RemoteWebDriver.java:397)
at org.openqa.selenium.By$ByLinkText.findElement(By.java:243)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.findElement(RemoteWebDriver.java:340)
at HDM.Login.cCreateProject(Login.java:30)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.testng.internal.MethodInvocationHelper.invokeMethod(MethodInvocationHelper.java:84)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:714)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethod(Invoker.java:901)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethods(Invoker.java:1231)
at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeTestMethods(TestMethodWorker.java:127)
at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(TestMethodWorker.java:111)
at org.testng.TestRunner.privateRun(TestRunner.java:767)
at org.testng.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:617)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runTest(SuiteRunner.java:334)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runSequentially(SuiteRunner.java:329)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:291)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:240)
at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.runSuite(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:52)
at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.run(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:86)
at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesSequentially(TestNG.java:1224)
at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:1149)
at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1057)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.run(RemoteTestNG.java:111)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.initAndRun(RemoteTestNG.java:204)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.main(RemoteTestNG.java:175)

Submitted by Sean McP on Fri, 02/12/2016 - 13:24

So you means Yes, you Do want to run test scripts to test the process for functional/performance testing.

I don't know selenium but I think I know what the problem is...

7.x.x forms are built up over time and it is necessary for tools like selenium to wait until the whole page is loaded before continuing with it's testing, and even then it may not work.

This is the text I got from Bonitasoft when looking into something similar:

Let me explain the reason why you are facing this issue.
The behavior of the window.onload function is to signal that the DOM has finished to load. However, that only means that the HTML file is retrieved and parsed. That does not mean that the page is fully rendered!
The major problem is that this function does not take in account the extra JS processing that takes place on the DOM.
With AngularJS there is a lot of dynamic templating with directives that take place after the HTML is loaded so you cannot rely on window.onload with this framework.
My recommendation would be to also use AngularJS to inject custom content.
If you do not want to go this way, you could try a pure JS workaround with a loop repeated with the setInterval method to check whether the DOM nodes are present after the DOM is loaded.

How you do this in Selenium I don't know but I've done this with portal pages before using the code on this post:

http://community.bonitasoft.com/node/21762#node-21792

hope this helps, regards
Seán

Submitted by sri.hari598 on Mon, 01/02/2017 - 08:08

in Bonita BPM it contains iframes, so you have to use shift to frame to use id, xpath and so on.We can use selenium automation for Bonita test automation.

No answers yet.
Notifications