H2 console cannot be opened in Bonita studio 7.4.3

Hi:

I have the same issue like "H2 console cannot be opened in Bonita studio 7.4.2"

I'm running Bonita BPM 7.4.3
I have no space in the name of my folder: C:\Bonita\BonitaBPMCommunity.exe

Here the error:

!MESSAGE Failed to run h2 console
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: El archivo no existe para la herramienta externa llamada Open h2 web console.
at org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ExternalToolsCoreUtil.abort(ExternalToolsCoreUtil.java:53)
at org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ExternalToolsCoreUtil.getLocation(ExternalToolsCoreUtil.java:84)
at org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ProgramLaunchDelegate.launch(ProgramLaunchDelegate.java:63)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:885)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:731)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.businessobject.ui.handler.OpenH2ConsoleHandler.execute(OpenH2ConsoleHandler.java:69)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:229)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:149)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:825)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(HandledContributionItem.java:701)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.access$6(HandledContributionItem.java:685)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem$4.handleEvent(HandledContributionItem.java:613)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.application.BonitaStudioApplication.createAndRunWorkbench(BonitaStudioApplication.java:93)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.application.BonitaStudioApplication.start(BonitaStudioApplication.java:88)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.externaltools 4 0 2017-03-30 10:54:35.721
!MESSAGE El archivo no existe para la herramienta externa llamada Open h2 web console.

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 03/30/2017 - 21:55

Have you tried redownloading/reinstalling/rezipping the the Studio?

Submitted by javier.mochon on Thu, 03/30/2017 - 22:43

Is one thing I didn't wanted to do, I suppose each problem has a beginning and a resolution. Anyway thanks.

5 answers

I have the same problem with a clean installation of the version 7.5.1 :

`!ENTRY org.bonitasoft.studio.common 4 0 2017-07-05 09:56:50.153
!MESSAGE Failed to run h2 console
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Java binary not found at 'D:\BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1\bin\java.exe'
    at org.bonitasoft.studio.businessobject.ui.handler.OpenH2ConsoleHandler.javaBinaryLocation(OpenH2ConsoleHandler.java:79)
    at org.bonitasoft.studio.businessobject.ui.handler.OpenH2ConsoleHandler.execute(OpenH2ConsoleHandler.java:63)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)`

Comments

Submitted by julien.houeix on Wed, 07/05/2017 - 10:09

Bonita is looking into directory "D:\BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1\bin\java.exe" instead of "D:\BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1\jre\bin\java.exe"

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Wed, 07/05/2017 - 12:05

How did you install the Studio? Did you used the installer (exe) or the zip package? Also are you using 32 or 64bit version of Windows and did you use the appropriate 32/64bit installer / bonita studio runtime?

Submitted by julien.houeix on Wed, 07/05/2017 - 13:12

I used the installer : BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1-x86.exe

Submitted by julien.houeix on Wed, 07/05/2017 - 14:29

Just for information, here is a possible quick (and ugly) workaround: copy BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1\jre\bin and BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1\jre\lib to BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1\bin and BonitaBPMCommunity-7.5.1\lib

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Wed, 07/05/2017 - 14:38

Can you share your Windows "system type" information? You can see how to get it on this web site: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21726/how-do-i-know-if-im-running-32-bit...

Also if you can indicate which version of Windows you are using?

I'm thinking that issue might be related to using 32bit version of the installer on Windows 64bit.

Thanks

Submitted by julien.houeix on Wed, 07/05/2017 - 14:55

My OS is Windows 7 professional 64 bits.
As you suggested, I tried with the 64 bits version of Bonita and it is working correcly.

I am a little bit confused though : a 32 bits application should work properly on a 64 bits OS.
Also, the 32 bits version is the version that is suggested by default on Bonita's website.

Thanks for your help!

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Wed, 07/05/2017 - 15:19

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I'll actually open a bug to make sure that 32bit version of the installer run successfully on 64bit version OS.

Also issue with autodetection of the OS on the download page is already known and should be fixed shortly.

I created two new installs of Bonitasoft Studio one on C: drive and another on D:

Both with NO SPACES in the directory name.

My thinking was that maybe Windows was stopping the program because it's on drive C: Trying both they both worked. So this hypothesis was incorrect.

The drive doesn't matter.

But one thing I noticed when starting both was that Windows asked for new FIREWALL Rules, the first for Studio. I selected PRIVATE Network and deselected Public. This worked

When I Started the Development->Business Data Model->Browse Data (h2 Console) this ALSO asked for a FIREWALL Rule. Again I selected PRIVATE Network and deselected Public, and this worked.

I think the problem is possibly you've somehow got Firewall Rules that do not allow the h2 Console to start. Thing is this is more an OS issue rather than Bonitasoft so how to test/fix it?

The way to test it is to:

1. Close Studio completely
  2. Turn off your firewall for a minute
  3. Start Studio and try to go to the H2 Console
  4. Leave the browser open
  5. Now turn the firewall back on
  6. Refresh the browser and hopefully it will ask for a firewall rule to be set, if not then check the browser Port number
  7. http:\192.168.9.8:65076; here it is 65076, and then check your firewall itself.

You may then have to set up your own firewall rule based on your OS.

DO NOT forget to restart your firewall for security reasons.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue

regards
Seán

PS: As this reply offers an answer your question, and if you like it, please Mark UP and/or as Resolved.

Comments

Submitted by javier.mochon on Tue, 04/04/2017 - 09:18

I tried without success. I will try to make a clean installation and try to do with the firewall switched off.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I didn't manage to reproduce the issue using the same environment. As we can't point out the root cause as of right now, I would suggest to first try to reproduce with a clean install of the Studio and if the issue persist to open a bug on our [community bug tracker][]

Cheers
<!-- Links -->
[community bug tracker]: https://bonita.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Hi:
java version "1.8.0_121"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I changed the instalation directory to:

C:/Bonita

Thanks

Hi,

The issue should have been fixed in 7.4.3. I just asked in the other post if people were still experiencing the issue.

It seems to be the case for you. Could you tell me the Java version you're using as well as the Windows version?

Thanks

Comments

Submitted by javier.mochon on Mon, 04/03/2017 - 11:21

Hi:
java version "1.8.0_121"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I changed the instalation directory to:

C:/Bonita

Thanks

Notifications