How to Resolve the 404 (Not Found) "jquery-migrate.min.map" and "sprite.png" Console Errors:

+1

If you see something like the image below in your console, you're not alone. Even with a clean install of Bonitasoft 6.5.1 (the latest version atm), you may be presented with these errors. The missing "jquery-migrate.min.map" file is not an actual error (more on this later). The missing "sprite.png" image is an actual error that Bonitasoft will need to correct in a future update. These errors will not cause Bonita BPM to malfunction, but they are an eye sore for developers who are debugging JavaScript.

Bonita BPM Console Errors

404 (Not Found) "jquery-migrate.min.map" Solution:

I'll start by saying that this error may only arise in Chrome. My instructions are Chrome specific. So if you're a fellow Chrome user, then read on. If you're using a different browser then this guide should at least point you to the right direction.

Step 1: Run your process from the Bonita BPM Studio

Step 2: Open Chrome Dev Tools by clicking F12 on your keyboard

Step 3: Click the settings button on the top right (cog icon)

Open Chrome Dev Tools Options

Step 4: Uncheck the "Enable JavaScript source maps" option

Uncheck the Enable JS source maps option

Step 5: Reload the page or run the process again

404 (Not Found) "sprite.png" Solution:

Before starting, make sure you have the Bonita BPM Studio running. Also note that my instructions are Chrome specific. So if you're a fellow Chrome user, then read on. If you're using a different browser then this guide should at least point you to the right direction.

Step 1: Download "sprite.png" from http://svn.bonitasoft.org/bonita-console/branches/bonita-console-5.2.1/f...

Step 2: Open one of your Bonita BPM Studio diagrams (or create a new one)

Step 3: In the Bonita BPM Studio, click on the pool of your workflow

Step 4: Click on the Application Tab and then click on the Resources Option. You'll see the resources file structure with the options to add a folder or file.

Step 4

Step 5: Click the arrow icon next to the Resources/applications folder. Then click on the images folder. Then click the "Add file..." button.

Add File

Step 6: Locate "sprite.png" and add it.

Step 7: Navigate to the Resources/application/css folder. Select the "bonita_form_default.css" file and click the "Edit" button. An editor will open in a new tab.

Edit CSS

Step 8: Locate the ".bonita_user_xp_icon" class. Update the ".bonita_user_xp_icon" class background url from "../themeResource?theme=portal&location=images/sprite.png" to "../images/sprite.png". Save the file.

Sprite Class Location

Update Sprite CSS

Step 9: Run your process.

Step 10: After Chrome opens, click the F12 key on your keyboard. The "sprite.png" 404 (Not Found) error should no longer appear in your console log.

I hope this helps. If I've missed anything or if my instructions are unclear, feel free to comment and I'll do my best to make corrections and comment back when I have the time.

Heath Dinkins Java Software Engineer II at Leidos

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Fri, 04/10/2015 - 17:00

I raised a bug report about this on atlassian in January 2015.

It is also painful for me to see,

regarding the missing min.map this is what is suggested...

*Regarding the .map file query, this something done specifically by Chrome (we do not call this file in our code). You may disable this behavior by following these instructions: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17849006/hide-jquery-map-errors-in-go...

I've reported back (linking to this thread) your solution to the sprite issue and hopefully Bonita will finally fix this...

Something so small, but so annoying!!! :)

No answers yet.
Notifications