Search for the next 100 processes available for a user

Hi,

I am using Bonita 6.3.6 and working on a scenario to check if there is a next case available. So that , if I finish acting on one of the cases, it takes me directly to the next one waiting for my action, if there exists one. What I have tried now is using the **SearchOptionsBuilder **and list out the cases from 0 to 100. Is there a way where we can get the next 100 cases from the current case id for a user.

My ideal solution would be a method to check if there is a next case and is so get the next process instance id or the case id.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 05/17/2017 - 06:14

So to be clear...

Part 1

Case A is created,
Case B is created,
Case C is created,
Case D is created

User signs in and the tasks would show on the Task Pane (My tasks)
the user would Manually Take the first one and work on it,
then Manually Take the second one and work on it,
then Manually Take the third one and work on it,
etc.

what you want is

User signs in and the tasks would show on the Task Pane (My tasks)
the user would Manually Take the first one and work on it,
and the NEXT task would Automatically be shown to them to work on it,
etc.

There is a problem with this...how does the user stop and do other things - you are assuming the task queue will empty - but you're already looking at 100+ cases, which means it's not likely to empty.

You might argue that the user is not supposed to stop and do other things, this is their job...But what about end of shift (going home), tea/coffee breaks, natural breaks etc. How do you allow for these circumstances when autoTake is working. It will not stop.

Are you sure you've asked the right question/can you clarify.

That was part 1.

Now part 2...

Is there a way where we can get the next 100 cases from the current case id for a user.

Every case has a unique id so this question doesn't make sense. Can you clarify.

thanks and regards

Submitted by jayashree.srinivasan on Wed, 05/17/2017 - 10:41

Hi,

To add a little more clarity to the question asked

Let me explain my requirement to begin with.
Lets say the user has n processes to act upon. Lets take for instance, the action is approving the leave request. What I am looking for is that after the approval of first request in my application, it is navigated to the next request. So for that I would need the next process id. That is why I want to know if the bonita api is providing any such function that will fetch the next id.

Taking into account, the scenario that you had mentioned. Whenever the user is done for the day, the user can logout of the application and pick it up from where it was left the next day.

Regarding part 2,

This was thought out as a workaround. If the part 1 is satisfied by the api, then I would not need the part 2 which retrieves the next 100 + tasks.

Thanks

No answers yet.
Notifications