Tips on migrating from BOS 5.8 to 5.10

I'm currently running BOS 5.8 on RHEL6 boxes under standard RHEL-provided Tomcat6 and an Oracle database.

This was a fresh install where the Bonita engine was exported from BOS 5.8 on my windows workstation and then integrated with standard Tomcat6 on the RHEL6 boxes.
The 5.8 to 5.9 migration guide ( doesn't seem to easily align with my current 5.8 installation and I'm having trouble visualizing how to migrate my 5.8 instance to 5.9. My ultimate goal is to upgrade to BOS 5.10.
I'm not opposed to removing 5.8 completely and dropping the related Oracle DBs and simply performing a fresh installation/integration of 5.9 (or ideally 5.10) since I know how to export the engine and integrate with RHEL-provided Tomcat6. I'm leaning going this route because I'm having trouble finding migration docs that match my integrated environment.
So, my questions:
1) Are there any available 5.8->5.9 migration docs that are more suitable for a BOS installation such as mine, or am I better off just performing a completely fresh install/integration?
2) Can 5.10 be installed from scratch or do I really need to install 5.9 and migrate from there?
3) The migration docs for 5.9 stated that the BOS engine now requires direct DB connections rather then hibernate connections currently handled by Tomcat. Is this true?
Huge thanks to anyone with any tips or advice!
Rob Chevalier

Comments

Submitted by elias.ricken on Tue, 01/28/2014 - 11:29

Hi,

I'll start by answering the question 2) The version 5.10 can be installed from scratch. You don't need to export the Engine from the Studio anymore, all engine artefacts are supplied in the file BOS--deploy.zip (Bonita Open Solution Deployment) that you can download from the community. If you can lost all informatin that you have in version 5.8 and reinstall all from scratch that's the easiest way to proceed. Otherwise you will need to migrate twice (5.8 -> 59 and 5.9 -> 5.10). If you don't have any process in production you may consider to take a look in version 6.2 before starting a production in version 5.10.

1) the documentation to migrate from version 5.8 to 5.9 can be found here http://documentation.bonitasoft.com/5x/bos-59/system-administration/migr... and 5.9 to 5.10 here http://documentation.bonitasoft.com/5x/bos-510/migrate-bos-59-5101

Regards

Submitted by rob.chevalier on Wed, 01/29/2014 - 01:31

Excellent! Thank you so very much Elias!

No answers yet.
Notifications