Unable to resume tenant with ~100 processes deployed

Hi,

I am encountering a problem in a bonitasoft 7.3.0 environment (running on tomcat) with approximately 100 processes deployed (about 20 are enabled and 80 are disabled). Basically, when deploying a new version of the BDM, we are able to pause the services and upload the new BDM but I am encountering what appears to be a database transaction timeout when attempting to resume the services.

Through inspecting the source code for TenantAdministrationAPIImpl (see https://github.com/bonitasoft/bonita-engine/blob/master/bpm/bonita-core/...), it looks as though bonitasoft attempts to resolve all process dependencies when resuming services. I have verified that by increasing the 'bitronix.tm.timer.defaultTransactionTimeout' property in the 'bitronix-config.properties' file, I am able to workaround the problem but this isn't really a solution.

Given there could be a large number of processes deployed, what is the recommended approach to resuming services without having to increase the transaction timeout?

Thanks

Kevin

1 answer

Hi,
I think you should try increment the timeout.

1. In your tomcat directory ../conf/bitronix-config.properties file
  2. Uncomment or Add the property: bitronix.tm.timer.defaultTransactionTimeout=xxx
  3. Restart Tomcat server
Notifications