Can i use Bonita Open Solution 5.7.2 in production?

Hello everybody, can I use the Bonita Open Solution 5.7.2 in a production environment?

Is it possible? Or could I have a problem with Bonita's license type? (LGPL).

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

This one is the BEST answer!

Hello,

Bonita Open Solution 5.7.2 has been released in 2012. I'm not sure you why want to go in production with an outdated version:

• You will have no support whatsoever
  • You take the risk to run a application containing outdated libraries with know CVE.

I don't understand your question about the licensing ? In what way the license could prevent you to run a certain kind of software based on its licensing ? Is it a company policy ?

Friendly advice, download the latest Bonita version, go in production with it and apply the required migration to stay up-to-date.

HTH
Romain

Comments

Submitted by henriquezfilard... on Thu, 03/04/2021 - 17:02

Hi Romain,

Thanks for your answer, nevertheless, I mean if there is a legal limitation to have Bonita Open Solution 5.7.2 in a production environment.

Submitted by henriquezfilard... on Thu, 03/04/2021 - 20:16

Does this mean that you could migrate to version 7 and use the community version in production without any legal limitation?

Submitted by miguel.valdes on Fri, 03/05/2021 - 08:07

Hi,

All Bonita platform versions (including 5.x and 7.x) are distributed under the GPLv2 license (for the Community edition). You can use them under the terms of the GPLv2 license.

Hope it helps

Miguel

Notifications