How to change the host address from localhost to 127.255.255.255?

Hello everybody I'm Ami

I'm sorry, I'm a newbie in server thingy... Btw, I'm using Bonita BPM 6.2.1 I want to ask if I can move the bonita portal from localhost to 127.255.255.255, because localhost is already used by many things and it's hard for me to exclusively monitor bonita portal's performance. I've already tried Preferences > Server Settings... but it doesn't work. It still use localhost:8080/bonita

Thank you... :3

Comments

Submitted by rafael.vianna on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 17:11

Hi!

Well, if you are intending to run your tests on this 127.255.255.255, Preferences --> Server Settings is where you should try to change the 'localhost'.
Just do not forget to click no 'Apply' before you close the settings window.

Submitted by 13509055 on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 17:38

I'm sorry rafael. I already tried exactly as you said, but it didn't work. I don't know.. maybe my bonita BPM is kinda broken or something?

Submitted by rafael.vianna on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 17:52

No, I don't think so. But it's odd that it didn't work.

Specially because I tried it here and 'worked'. At least it tried to work, but this IP adress is not valid for me.

Just to know but are you running the Studio or are you running a process from a server bundle?

Submitted by 13509055 on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 18:07

:D it finally work! :D thank you, Rafael! The problem was with the IP address I chose I use 127.0.0.2 now, and it's fine :) :D you help a lot :D

Submitted by rafael.vianna on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 18:12

Great. :)

You are welcome.

3 answers

+1
This one is the BEST answer!

See the comment for the answer... rafael.vianna has answered it, but he use comment form instead of the answer form... enjoy :)

Hello! I am facing the same problem. I am actually trying to move a webpage that I created on bonita portal from local host to a server named "sftp://txcslnawb1v" . Do you guys think I need to follow the same steps? and if so, I am confused on where is Preferences --> Server Settings?

I need to host this asap and I am really getting confused. It would be great if some one could help me figure this out. Thank you :)

Hello! I am facing the same problem. I am actually trying to move a webpage that I created on bonita portal from local host to a server named "sftp://txcslnawb1v" . Do you guys think I need to follow the same steps? and if so, I am confused on where is Preferences --> Server Settings?

I need to host this asap and I am really getting confused. It would be great if some one could help me figure this out. Thank you :)

Notifications