How to install Bonita bundle with WildFly App Server on Windows Server 2012?

Hello, guys!
I have some troubles installing BonitaBPM Community 7.4.0 with WildFly 10.1.0. I'm trying to install it on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and integrate it to work with MS SQL Server. The thing that I don't get is what it works. I installed first the MS SQL Server and after that I downloaded from Bonita's website the bundle with the WildFly app server. Should I download and install the WildFly server before to run the start-bonita.bat file? Also I found a lot of mismatches in this file according to my computer and I changed it. Is that normal?
I tried to install the bundle with Tomcat Server, but it didn't work at all, I saw in the documentation, it doen't work really good with jdbc driver for MS SQL. Please give me an advice what I should choose and what is working properly.
I will really appreciate if somebody can help me to clear up what are the exact steps that I have to follow for successful installation? I'm getting confused of all those documentations.Thank you, guys in advance!

2 answers

Hello, Sean!
Thank you for your answer. Just now I tried to do the same exercise again. I installed everything the server, the sql server, java 8, I configured the Database and changed the database. properties file and tried to run start-bonita.bat. What is says is the syntax of the command is incorrect.
PS. I set up JAVA_HOME and JBOSS_HOME in the environmental variables.
What could be the problem? I was wondering if I should change this row:
call setup\setup.bat init %0 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
I think that the parameters are empty !?
Thank you again.

Comments

Submitted by juarezjl on Tue, 01/24/2017 - 04:57

Hi,
Did you try to start the server from ..\BonitaBPMCommunity-7.4.0-wildfly-10.1.0.Final\server\bin\standalone.bat? I guess if you modify the start-bonita.bat with this should work:

@echo off
setlocal
echo "------------------------------------------------------"
echo "Starting Bonita BPM WildFly bundle"
echo "------------------------------------------------------"
call server\bin\standalone.bat

endlocal

First things first, it's getting better, it's just not totally there yet... :)

Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 are just fine...as long as you know what is happening.

1) Install Windows Server 2012
2) Install Java (a) See Note below
3) Install MS SQL 2012
4) Unzip Bundle (b) See Note below
5) Execute start-bonita.bat
6) Follow the prompts...

This is what you also wrote:

after that I downloaded from Bonita's website the bundle with the WildFly app server. Should I download and install the WildFly server before to run the start-bonita.bat file? Also I found a lot of mismatches in this file according to my computer and I changed it. Is that normal?

Should I download and install the WildFly server before to run the start-bonita.bat file?

No...as a BUNDLE it already comes Bundled with the system...

Also I found a lot of mismatches in this file according to my computer and I changed it. Is that normal?

What's Normal? What do you mean mismatches? Just telling us you have a problem doesn't work. You have to tell us what the problem is...what, for example are the mismatches?

My only advice is to have a defined SQL user for Bonitasoft in advance, needs

CREATE TABLE
CREATE INDEX
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE on created TABLE

see documentation here: http://documentation.bonitasoft.com/?page=database-configuration#toc3

And Create the Database

regards
Seán

PS: As this reply answers your question, please mark as resolved.

Notes
(a) if you install Java and set JAVA_HOME the start-bonita.bat may not work as it fails to find the right version of Java. If you do not set JAVA_HOME and put the Java directory in the Path it will work (apparently). I found this out with 7.4.1 after reporting on the bug list here
(b) unzip the bundle into a directory with no spaces in the name...

Notifications