I'm using Bonita 7.5.4... I want to know is there any way to increase the session timeout for more than an hour.

I want to control the session timeout...please help me out.

I tried some steps but it is not working out
1. I changed the session timeout value in this file :
"D:\BonitaStudioCommunity-7.5.4\workspace\tomcat\server\conf\web.xml"

unfortunately the session time is still 30 minutes.

Regards
Kaant

3 answers

+1

Hi,

A - Here is how to update the HTTP Session timeout in Bonita BPM Tomcat Bundle, for Bonita version 7.4.x or higher:

The HTTP tomcat session timeout can be updated in the following file:
[1]. Stop Tomcat server with the command:
Windows \stop-bonita.bat
Linux /stop-bonita.sh
[2]. Edit file /server/conf/web.xml

[3]. Change the value of (default session timeout (60 in minutes) for all newly session created):

[4]. Start the Tomcat server with command:
Windows \start-bonita.bat
Linux /start-bonita.sh

B - Here is how to update the Bonita Engine Session in Bonita BPM Tomcat Bundle, for Bonita version 7.4.x or higher:

[1]. Stop Tomcat server with the command:
Windows \stop-bonita.bat
Linux /stop-bonita.sh
[2]. Run the setup tool to retrieve the latest configuration: Run setup.[sh|bat] pull
[3]. Edit the following 3 files for your whole platform (where is the ID of your tenant, 1 by default ):
/setup/platform_conf/current/tenants//tenant_engine/bonita-tenant-community-custom.properties
/setup/platform_conf/current/tenant_template_engine/bonita-tenant-community-custom.properties
/setup/platform_conf/initial/tenant_template_engine/bonita-tenant-community-custom.properties
[4]. Uncomment the bonita.tenant.session.duration property and set the value at your convenience (3600000 ms --1 hour-- is the default value)
## Session service
## Session duration in ms
bonita.tenant.session.duration=3600000
[5]. Run setup.[sh|bat] push
[6]. Start the Tomcat server with command:
Windows \start-bonita.bat
Linux /start-bonita.sh

Make sure you perform all these steps, this should work.

I hope it helps,

Marielle

Hi everyone,
I've read this subjet and it's same as I need to do, increase the session to more than 1 hour 'and' in production (tomcat bundle). But the recipe is not working for me. What I've tried:
-Edit file "bonita-tenant-community-custom" (in E:\BonitaCommunity-7.7.4-Tomcat-8.5.31\setup\platform_conf\current\tenant_template_engine) editing the next line: #bonita.tenant.session.duration=3600000 (to other value ex. 5400000)
-setup push
-restart tomcat service (my bundle works in service mode)
but nothing changes.

Is there something missing ? or an other variant of setup?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

Submitted by laxmikant.latpa... on Fri, 01/18/2019 - 07:12

hi there
I tried the suggested solution none is working out.
If somebody is having any please share.

Thanks in advance
Kaant

Submitted by florian.baillagou on Mon, 03/11/2019 - 15:24

Same here ... it was working on previous version without modifying the bonita.tenant.session.duration property so i'm a bit confused here.

Submitted by laxmikant.latpa... on Wed, 06/26/2019 - 07:25

Hey florian
Its not working on previous version also.
Have you found any solution ?

Regards
Kaant

Hello,

Is there any reason why you are trying to do this on the Studio and not on a runtime? My answer works for a real runtime but I never tried on a Studio.

Here is some information from the official documentation.

To change the HTTP Session is one part of the solution, you also need to apply the same to the Bonita BPM Engine Session. For this, you need to configure a different session duration by editing the bonita.tenant.session.duration property (ms) in the file bonita-tenant-community-custom.properties of the platform configuration. To make the edition, you will need to use the platform setup tool to pull, edit and push.

Cheers,

Comments

Submitted by florian.baillagou on Mon, 03/11/2019 - 15:23

Well ... i tried the solution from the documentation but i still have the same error : "Invalid session" after one hour on inactivity ( v7.6.1).

The token has a lifetime of one year so it should be ok on this part.

It was working on previous version without manipulating the bonita.tenant.session.duration property.

Notifications