Data inside Portal

I have made a process that is form based for a trucking company. The process works well but once the whole process is done, I cant see the data that is placed on the forms anywhere in the portal. I need help to be able to pull these forms up at later dates. Should I add a connector to send the form information to? any ideas?

Comments

Submitted by daradondo on Wed, 09/24/2014 - 20:14

thanks for the answer haris. can this be done using the community edition?

Submitted by haris.subasic on Thu, 09/25/2014 - 09:21

In Community edition, Business Data feature is not available. You will have to use connectors and an external database, as I described in my answer.

1 answer

This one is the BEST answer!

You should externalize data from your process, if you need to use it after process execution is finished, instead of using process data only. Here are couple of ideas. If you are using Community edition, you should use an external database and use connectors to read and store data into this database. Here is an article that explains how to set field values from a database, to start with. In order to show your data in the Portal, you can then build a process that allows you to search, modify etc. If you are using Subscription edition, you can use Business Data feature. You will find few tutorials there, as well. Hope this helps, Haris

Notifications