Case Overview : The engine was not able to know if the user is involved in the process instance. Error while executing command:

I am trying to create a manager profile where I assign a manage case tab for this profile. I am not able to overview cases done by other users. I get the error :

SEVERE: The engine was not able to know if the user is involved in the process instance. Error while executing command:
org.bonitasoft.engine.bpm.process.ProcessInstanceNotFoundException: USERNAME=TestAppUser1 | PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID=16010 | No process instance found !!
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ProcessAPIImpl.checkIfProcessInstanceExistsWhenNoHumanTask(ProcessAPIImpl.java:2858)
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ProcessAPIImpl.isInvolvedInProcessInstance(ProcessAPIImpl.java:2838)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor263.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ServerAPIImpl.invokeAPI(ServerAPIImpl.java:368)
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ServerAPIImpl$1.call(ServerAPIImpl.java:337)
        at com.bonitasoft.engine.transaction.JTATransactionServiceExt.executeInTransaction(JTATransactionServiceExt.java:55)
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ServerAPIImpl.invokeAPIInTransaction(ServerAPIImpl.java:344)
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ServerAPIImpl.invokeAPI(ServerAPIImpl.java:286)
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ServerAPIImpl.invokeMethod(ServerAPIImpl.java:128)
        at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ClientInterceptor.invoke(ClientInterceptor.java:88)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy43.isInvolvedInProcessInstance(Unknown Source)

So can a manage case user not overview cases done by other users ? Why is the case shown in this window if we cannot overview it ?

Comments

Submitted by bos2013 on Tue, 02/17/2015 - 17:42

hello,

As said in the severe error : SEVERE: The engine was not able to know if the user is involved in the process instance.

You can see/access the Overview if the user (whomever) is involved in the process instance.

That could give you a clue to find a solution.

Best regards, LL

Submitted by anirudh on Tue, 02/17/2015 - 19:38

Yeah I know the user is not involved in the instance. This user is like a manager/supervisor who wants to see others' cases. I am using the "manage case" page which displays other users' cases but doesnot let me overview the data. So if other users should be not be able to just overview the data then why does the manage case page list the cases handled by other users.

1 answer

same issue for me (bonita bpm 6.3.9) but in my case i have a user involved in the process instance. i noticed that the issue is related to the process user type. for example, if my user is also an administrator (even if i'm connected in user "simple" mode) then the issue does not exist, while if my user is only a "simple" user then the overview page faults.

it may be a bug?

Notifications