Issues with data table widget

Hi,

I'm using a Data Table for showing data from a REST API but it can't paginate the data (it always shows an "1" on the table bottom without considering the number of rows), it can't sort the data nor filter it.

I can't see any log to debug it, anyone has similar issues?

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 10/07/2015 - 20:44

Pagination should work, how many rows are you displaying?

I think the supplied data table is "dumb". if you want more advanced features such as sort etc. I think you need to create your own custom widget with one of the many "out there" data grids.

Bonitasoft otherwise couldn't provide a community version for free as commercial use would mean it has to be paid for.

That's what I think anyway,

regards

Submitted by dbravo on Wed, 10/07/2015 - 19:48

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your comment.

In my company we use a subscription version, I hoped that the Data Table widget was like the "Table with steroids" as Bonita tell us on the documentation, but as you call it, it's only another "dumb table" :/ :(.

Well then I'll develop my own table widget.

Regards.

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 10/07/2015 - 20:51

Sorry - I've just realized, data table is not the same as Datatable! Capital letter and no space...we use data table all the time to describe data tables in our business, we also use stats table for stats and ... the list is short.

If the functions are not working then I would create a bug report, because it should definitely work.

regards

1 answer

This one is the BEST answer!

I've just read the Release Notes for 7.1.2

Apparently DataTable wasn't working and it looks like they might have fixed it in this version 7.1.2

Suggest you try it,

regards

Comments

Submitted by gael.tarot on Thu, 12/03/2015 - 15:45

I have the same problem with 7.1.0. Did you try with 7.1.2 or 7.1.3?

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 12/03/2015 - 15:47

they have fixed it in version 7.1.2

That means doesn't work in 7.1.0

regards

Submitted by gael.tarot on Thu, 12/03/2015 - 16:21

Hello Sean, that was my understanding :)

Thanks for your quick answer!

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 12/03/2015 - 19:23

No problem,

regards

Notifications