All my Data Models disappeared when I charged The getting Startes Example "Simple travell Request"

Hello to the hole Bonita community, I’m new in Bonita 7.2, any help will be appreciated.
This is the problem:
I has just charged in the bonita bm studio 7.2.0 the example Simple Travel Request from the Getting started tutorial from the official documentation of Bonita soft. The studio showed me a message saying I had a process with the same name, and If I continue I will lose the process that existed in my Workspace working copy. As I don't mind the process that existed in my workspace called Travel request, I decided to over-write it with the example that I had downloaded from the bonita official site.

And them I got errors in my own Process called "Registro Simple..." and I get realized that my Business Data Model had disappeared, I have process variables but with errors, saying that the Data Model don't exist.
All my own data Model have disappeared.
Is this normal?, Can I recover them in any way?

Could be a bug or issue, or could be the next issue that I found surfing in the Web:

< http://community.bonitasoft.com/blog/issue-bonita-bpm-studio-720-and-721 !-- Links -->
thanks!!

Comments

Submitted by hectorta on Thu, 07/07/2016 - 12:02

Hello everybody, this was what told me josegante , is it true?
[Spanish version-->][] LINK
English version:
Hello,
I do not know if it's a bug but seems to be normal behavior of Bonita.
When you import a file .bos, it can contain a new bdm.zip, which overwrites you have in your Studio, since you can only have one.
For the next time, before you import a .bos, you can remove the BDM you have in your Studio and then merge the .xml files to keep your objects of BDM and the ones you try to import.

1 answer

+1
This one is the BEST answer!

Unfortunately yes it is true.

However Bonitasoft have recognized how BDM is managed is not correct and will be introducing a new method of managing BDMs.

When this will happen I don't know. Will it be 7.3 or 7.4 or 8, time will tell.

regards
Seán

PS: If this reply answers your question, please mark as resolved.

Comments

Submitted by hectorta on Fri, 07/08/2016 - 08:43

Ok Thank you, I also lost some Forms, that I had in the UI Designer, with the same name, is it also usual?

Submitted by Sean McP on Sun, 07/10/2016 - 21:53

Forms with the same nae will only overwrite each other. Not something you want to do.

Notifications