Step by Step Tomcat Bundle Installation Ubuntu 16

I am having a tricky time installing the application to a production(not using H2) environment using the Tomcat Bundle (Ubuntu). Is there a video resource that shows a step by step process of installing the application, as i couldnt find one on the site, or one start to page. The one found in the guidelines is un clear in certain places especially seeing as i am new to most of this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

2 answers

Ok, so i managed to get the setup done, but every time i run the start-bonita.sh command, i get the following error. Any idea what is happening? Kindly see paste below.

Initializing and configuring Bonita Tomcat bundle

____ _ _
| _ \ () |
| |
) | ___ _ __ | | __ _
| _ < / _ | '_ | | / ` |
| |
) | () | | | | | || (| |
|____/ _
/|| |||___,_|

(Platform Setup 7.7.0)

[INFO] Starting PlatformSetupApplication on ztlcrmapp with PID 23060 (/opt/BonitaBPM/BonitaCommunity-7.7.0-Tomcat-8.5.31/setup/lib/platform-setup-7.7.0.jar started by root in /opt/BonitaBPM/BonitaCommunity-7.7.0-Tomcat-8.5.31/setup)
[DEBUG] Running with Spring Boot v1.3.2.RELEASE, Spring v4.3.7.RELEASE
[INFO] The following profiles are active: default
[INFO] configuration for Database vendor: postgres
[INFO] Started PlatformSetupApplication in 1.27 seconds (JVM running for 1.713)
Jun 28, 2018 11:16:55 AM org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool init
SEVERE: Unable to create initial connections of pool.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Protocol error. Session setup failed.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:520)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:181)
at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:64)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:144)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:29)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:21)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:31)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.(Jdbc4Connection.java:24)
at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:410)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:280)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection.connectUsingDriver(PooledConnection.java:307)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection.connect(PooledConnection.java:200)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.createConnection(ConnectionPool.java:708)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.borrowConnection(ConnectionPool.java:642)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.init(ConnectionPool.java:464)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:141)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.pCreatePool(DataSourceProxy.java:115)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.createPool(DataSourceProxy.java:102)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.getConnection(DataSourceProxy.java:126)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetup.initDataSource(PlatformSetup.java:441)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetup.initPlatformSetup(PlatformSetup.java:471)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetup.init(PlatformSetup.java:97)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.command.InitCommand.execute(InitCommand.java:45)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetupApplication.execute(PlatformSetupApplication.java:105)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetupApplication.run(PlatformSetupApplication.java:79)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetupApplication.main(PlatformSetupApplication.java:64)

[DEBUG] ERROR:
org.bonitasoft.platform.exception.PlatformException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Protocol error. Session setup failed.
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetup.initDataSource(PlatformSetup.java:447)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetup.initPlatformSetup(PlatformSetup.java:471)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetup.init(PlatformSetup.java:97)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.command.InitCommand.execute(InitCommand.java:45)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetupApplication.execute(PlatformSetupApplication.java:105)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetupApplication.run(PlatformSetupApplication.java:79)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetupApplication.main(PlatformSetupApplication.java:64)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Protocol error. Session setup failed.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:520)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:181)
at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:64)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:144)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:29)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:21)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:31)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.(Jdbc4Connection.java:24)
at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:410)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:280)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection.connectUsingDriver(PooledConnection.java:307)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection.connect(PooledConnection.java:200)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.createConnection(ConnectionPool.java:708)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.borrowConnection(ConnectionPool.java:642)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.init(ConnectionPool.java:464)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:141)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.pCreatePool(DataSourceProxy.java:115)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.createPool(DataSourceProxy.java:102)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceProxy.getConnection(DataSourceProxy.java:126)
at org.bonitasoft.platform.setup.PlatformSetup.initDataSource(PlatformSetup.java:441)
... 6 common frames omitted

I usually follow this page to set up my DBs and then use this other page to install the server from the bundle - HIH

Comments

Submitted by Daniel.Bhadurkh... on Thu, 06/28/2018 - 09:41

When using the first RDBMS setup, do i need to create the tables, users etc, or does this happen automatically when i run the bundle commands?

Submitted by pierrick.voulet on Thu, 06/28/2018 - 14:54

You need to create the DB and grant permissions to a "bonita" user (will be used by the Bonita platform). The schema (tables, indexes, etc.) will be initiated automatically at first run of the Bonita platform. You need to follow closely the documentation I sent you in previous message as there are specific steps to follow depending on the DB vendor to enable XA, grant rights, etc.

Submitted by Daniel.Bhadurkh... on Mon, 07/09/2018 - 08:31

Thanks for this, I was able to follow the documentation and setup the required databases as well as general settings. However, at the deployment stage I encountered the error above. I am unsure whether its a jdbc driver issue, or one of my configurations might be off. I edited the .properties file and it seems the initial connection is fine, but from there, i am pretty stumped.

Submitted by pierrick.voulet on Thu, 06/28/2018 - 19:38

Did you make the edition in the "database.properties" file under "setup" folder and add the JDBC in the "lib" folder under "setup" folder? It seems that the setup module is failing and it builds its DataSource from the information provided there.

Submitted by Daniel.Bhadurkh... on Tue, 07/10/2018 - 12:37

Hi again, so I decided to run it with the basic H2 server just to see if the bundle and Tomcat would run just fine. It managed to start, however, now i get a 500 Internal Server error, but everything seems ok. I honestly wish their was a simple step by step video showing this process as i feel i am missing so much here.

Submitted by Daniel.Bhadurkh... on Tue, 07/10/2018 - 16:25

I was able to get it up and running with the H2 database. Will test it for now and show a proof of concept then get back to deploying it when the times comes. Hopefully you will still be around to help :)

Submitted by pierrick.voulet on Tue, 07/17/2018 - 03:37

I am glad you made it work with H2! H2 is usually the way to go for a PoC like development.

Notifications