Can i create a business model from data from an external databases?
help us to help you . In order to make it easier for our community members to answer your question or even understand and read it, could you please follow the Q&A good practices?
- add a description to your question in order to make sure we understand your use case
- specify which version of Bonita you are using; indeed features might behave differently between versions.
Thanks a lot for your understanding. Delphine
Basically, the answer to your question is no. The BDM Mechanism will create it owns database schema, with name and type expected. When you add a "multiple" in an attribute, the BDM will create:
* if this is a simple attribute (STRING, LONG...) a sub table
* is this is a reference to another object, in Composition, some attributes in the sub table (this subtable has only one parent)
* is this is a reference to another object, in Aggregation, a new table to link the two information
As you see, the schema can be different.
So, it's not possible to use and "explore" an existing schema.
To access an explicit schema, you have to:
* use Connector to Read/Write from the process (and use a local variable, like a process variable) in the process
* use a REST API Extension if you want to read your schema from a UI Designer form (or Gasoline tool). https://community.bonitasoft.com/project/pagegasoline