Bonita 6.3.2 - cannot import from 6.3.3

Hi there,

I've exported a process from Studio 6.3.3 as a bos file, tried to import it to a 6.3.2 studio and I get a fatal error with no error messages. This is not right surely?

Stackdump...

!ENTRY org.bonitasoft.studio.common 4 0 2014-09-08 14:23:56.682
!ERROR Invalid thread access
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4397)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4312)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4283)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.error(Display.java:1258)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.checkDevice(Display.java:764)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.getActiveShell(Display.java:1467)
        at org.bonitasoft.studio.common.repository.operation.ImportBosArchiveOperation.updateResourcesToOpenList(ImportBosArchiveOperation.java:217)
        at org.bonitasoft.studio.common.repository.operation.ImportBosArchiveOperation.run(ImportBosArchiveOperation.java:108)
        at org.bonitasoft.studio.importer.bar.factory.BosArchiveProcessor.createDiagram(BosArchiveProcessor.java:53)
        at org.bonitasoft.studio.importer.processors.ImportFileOperation.run(ImportFileOperation.java:70)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Comments

Submitted by bos2013 on Mon, 09/08/2014 - 17:16

Hi Sean,

Processes (BOS files) are upward compatible, it means you can move from an lower version to an upper version like from 6.3.1 to 6.3.2 or 6.3.2 to 6.3.3.

Backward compatibility cannot be guaranted, from 6.3.3 to 6.3.2 or to any lower version because you might have some functionnalities/bug corrections in recent version that would not be found/compatible in lower version. That explains why you cannot import the 6.3.3 to 6.3.2.

In the other hand, another question : why do yo need to do so ?

Finally, if you uncompress the process.bos file and edit the MANIFEST file (change the version=6.3.2) and compress the new .bos file, you should be able to import it into 6.3.2. Just give it a try. But once again this is not a good way to do things.

Regards, LL

Submitted by aymen on Thu, 03/03/2016 - 10:48

Hallo,

i have extracted the bos file and changed the version in manifest but i cannot generate the bos file with the root default folder ??

any idea please ?

best regards

1 answer

Hi,

as mentioned by bos2013, importing from a newer version is not supported. Anyway, you should have a warning popup explianing it instead of having this stacktrace.

Please open a bug for the stacktrace.

Regards,

Notifications