Bonita 6.3.3 - Forms Design - Pool Pageflow - Access to Variables

Hi there,

Bonita Studio 6.3.3, Java 1.7.0.67, Windows 8.1

I am using the PageFlow of the Pool as an introductory screen, however I cannot access the variables I want for display purposes.

I can see the variables for the step pageflow form but I want to see them also on the Pool pageflow form.

The variables are defined as Pool variables. What's the problem?

Thanks and best regards Seán

1 answer

This one is the BEST answer!

Hello,

process instantiation form lifecycle is different than the lifecycle of a step, since variable are being created after its submission. As you can read here in the documentation (step 19), variables will get values from this instantiation form or will be set using their default values. But when you display the instantiation form (step 6), variables are not yet set. The reason is that you can click on start a process, but an instance will not be created before you actually confirm it by submitting the instantiation form.

Hope this helps, Haris

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Tue, 09/09/2014 - 16:37

Hi Haris,

Nope, it does not help unfortunately, and it's not true either...variables are created before process Pageflow they are just not initialized (or necessarily available)

In my flow, I need to Connect to a parms file ON ENTRY to the process and this works perfectly as long as I'm using JAVA Code Connectors but not when using groovy.

The problem to some extent is the "Process Pageflow" Confirmation message. If this was defeatable (i.e. could be disabled so it would not show) then I could work past it...but I can't which means I have to use Process Pageflow and the variables...

That confirmation page is a real problem (no just on process but in all steps...). It would be nice if we could option it...i.e. bypass if possible.

thanks and regards Seán

Submitted by haris.subasic on Tue, 09/09/2014 - 16:44

Variables are not created before instantiation form, as there is no process instance at that moment yet. It is being created only when you submit the instantiation form. Please, pay attention to the step 5 of the quoted documentation that states: "Note that a case start form cannot display any process data but can use parameters, constants and form transient data.".

Submitted by Pablo Alonso de... on Fri, 09/12/2014 - 14:17

Sean,

Regarding the confirmation page, you have the option of adding a custom one like this one... http://community.bonitasoft.com/project/automatic-confirmation-template

Cheers

Submitted by Sean McP on Fri, 09/12/2014 - 22:06

Thanks Pablo, yes, I'm using it. It's just not as good as v5 when it wasn't there by default...better than nothing though.

i still would like the option to defeat the confirmation page though...

It's inelegant...

Submitted by Pablo Alonso de... on Mon, 09/15/2014 - 09:51

Sean,

The fact of using this page is due to avoid doing pulling to the server in order to know if the task is there is other task. Currently with this page we do pulling limited for a few secs but not as before.

Anyway, you should think that if you have more than 1 form in a row to display to the same user, you should use several pageflows in the same task instead of several human task one below the other.

Cheers

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 09/15/2014 - 11:27

Hi Pablo,

Yes I thought about that too. But with my case it doesn't work.

The problem being Next (and Previous for that matter) do not have Actions...Only the Submit does.

In my case the following form(s) is(are) dynamic and dependent on a selection of the previous form(s) which is where I need an Action on the Next button...but as that's not available - I have to use submit.

Hope that makes sense.

regards Seán

Notifications