Bonita 7.7.5 incompatible MacOS BigSur

Hi,

My mac updated in version MacOs Big Sur.

Bonita Studio Community 7.7.5 is incompatible with MacOS Big Sur and i need it (it worked on MacOS catalina)

Thanks !

VANHOVE Alexis

3 answers

+2
This one is the BEST answer!

We are going to publish an official anouncement about this issue.

The latest update of macOS, macOS Big Sur is not compatible with Studio versions 7.10.6 and below but it is working with 7.11 and further. As Romain said, we advise against upgrading the macOS to Big Sur if you can't migrate to Bonita 7.11 or 7.12 (to be release in december)

Comments

Submitted by pedrociarlini on Tue, 01/23/2024 - 19:25

Hello guys. I figure out how to get Bonita Studio 7.7.5 working on BigSur+ (currently, I'm using macOs Sonoma 14.2.1)

I start testing the solution now, but still confident.

Errors
---

- NullPointerException: org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.internal_new_GC(Control.java:2179)
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/custom/TableTreeItem
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.initializeHandler(OpenStrategy.java:279)

Fix
---

On folder `.../BonitaStudioCommunity-7.7.5.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins`:

1. Backup the old file (e.g. rename extension to ZIP), paste the new jar, and rename the new to the old filename:

+2

Hi, it looks like it also broke Eclipse startup, the Studio is an Eclipse RCP so you can try to fix it using the same solution...

You may have a look to this Stackoverflow thread and see if you can fix your issue.

As this is not the first time that a MacOs update breaks eclipse/jre applications, I recommend staying on the supported macOs version (Catalina) until an update of the product supported matrix.

HTH
Romain

Comments

Submitted by alexis.vanhove_... on Tue, 11/17/2020 - 10:54

Hi, Eclipse works on my computer, i tried to reinstall but nothing to do, it doesn't work.

Thanks for you contribution i will try to find a solution i can"t revert to Catalina.

Kind regards

Alexis

Submitted by romain.bioteau on Tue, 11/17/2020 - 11:04

7.7.5 is based on a old eclipse version that won't work with BigSur (we made some basics tests, and only 7.11+ version is compatible)

Submitted by alexis.vanhove_... on Tue, 11/17/2020 - 11:08

I installed 7.7.5 because 7.7.4 as not compatible on MacOS catalina. All our clients servers are in Bonita 7.7.4 and i can"t compile and build with Bonita Studio 7.11+ because it's not comptabile.

Submitted by romain.bioteau on Tue, 11/17/2020 - 11:14

Then using Catalina seems to be the most reasonable choice. Are you using the Community or the Enterprise edition ?

edit: https://setapp.com/how-to/downgrade-from-big-sur-to-catalina

Submitted by alexis.vanhove_... on Tue, 11/17/2020 - 11:16

I'm using Community Edition, i can't revert to MacOs Catalina

Submitted by romain.bioteau on Tue, 11/17/2020 - 11:26

Sadly, you do not have much choice here:

• Migrating all your customer to 7.11.3 (Are you using the legacy 6.x forms in your processes or the UI Designer forms/pages ?)
  • Downgrading to Catalina

What kind of can't it is ? Because it is technically possible to do the revert.

Hi thanks for you response !
I will try to revert to Catalina OS later.

Thanks to Bonita team for reactivity

Comments

Submitted by delphine.coille on Thu, 11/26/2020 - 09:59

Hi,

We are going to release 7.11.4 today, which fixes the issue with BigSur.

Notifications