Building 7.9.1 bonita-engine from SRC

7.9.1 bonita-engine src does not build the bonita-server.jar. We have modification to the AuthenticationServiceImpl class and now we can not pack the bonita-server.jar into the war because the archive is not being built with the gradlew wrapper. Is anyone else having any issues like this.

2 answers

This one is the BEST answer!

We have know issue with the build of Bonita 7.9.0 and 7.9.1 using public Community Edition sources. The issue has been resolved and the fix will probably be part of the release available first week of August.

Comments

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Tue, 07/23/2019 - 16:29

Sadly it seems that the fix for this issue trigger another kind of issue. So it is likely to get fixed only in maintenance release of September.

Submitted by mike.norris_1369709 on Mon, 07/29/2019 - 15:50

Antoine what is the last stable release that can be built. I've tried 7.7.4, 7.8.0, 7.8.2 and none appear to be building correctly. Don't understand how there can be a release version if the code won't build correctly.

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Mon, 08/12/2019 - 18:23

You should be able to build 7.8.4 (current latest version of the 7.8 branch) successfully using: https://github.com/Bonitasoft-Community/Build-Bonita/tree/7.8.4

Release version are build using Bonitasoft Continuous Integration (CI). Configuration of the CI is internal to Bonitasoft mainly because it is also used to build the Enterprise Edition.

The build script is a workaround to allow any community users to build Bonita Community Edition from the source. As a better solution, I need to investigate if making our CI configuration public is doable.

In the meantime I'll try to fix the build script for the version 7.9.2.

Hi @mike.norris_1369709, have you chance to build 7.9.1 bonita-engine src into the bonita-server.jar successfully?

Notifications