How to call process variable into user interface in bonita 7 [ need tutorial ]
I'm interested about BPM and I've installed bonita 5 and 7 in my computer.
I've created my process business into bpm modeling, and now i'm in phase of developing my business process into application ( UI Designer ).
In my modeling process, i've created a process variable ( Java Object - java.util.List [No Coding, Just Created] ) to stored my MySQL - query ( Created using Graphical Connector In ).
I've tried on bonita 5 and i stored the connector into a suggestbox and it's work but not on bonita 7, it's pretty hard to show the process variable into UI, i did the same thing as bonita 5. I read in bonita documentation it's needed REST API, so i tried REST API.
but it still didn't work too.
Can anyone give me a short tutorial how to use or call process variable into user interface on bonita 7 ?
Thanks for your reply and the examples, you're so kind, but it's still not answer my question.
I've concern about MySQL that i stored into the process variable, then i can call those variable back into user interface for the examples ( select, check list, radio button or etc ).
Lemme give you an explanation about what i mean and include pictures :
1. Table that i will show in ui ( Suggest, list box, selected box )
Create a variable ( list.util )
output store to variable
create page flow
add variable into suggest box
It worked on bonita 6, but i don't know how to implement on bonita 7.
You've said that in the example
Note: it is generally recommended to use business variables instead of process variables.
so do you have any examples to show me the way how to get the database ( MySQL ) result data into BDM until it called into user interface and it implement on select, check list, or etc.
i've tried your suggestion and short tutorial about how to store in variable.
This below is what i did :
Here is my sql result in mysql.
i created the variable
select query as json
this is what i got, it isn't as same as your suggestion. I can't choose single result because bonita read "," as separator. i tried to give command separator as "," and ";", and it still doesn't work too..
![can't select single][can't select single]
then i tried another code that you suggest.
here my sql query:
SELECT * FROM mst_deployment_type
- groovy can't read function "try and catch".
- ![got error][got error]
- so i delete "try and catch", it's ok, no error.
- but when i tried the connection, there's an error.
- > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
- org.bonitasoft.engine.bpm.connector.ConnectorExecutionException: USERNAME=install | org.bonitasoft.engine.core.connector.exception.SConnectorException: org.bonitasoft.engine.connector.exception.SConnectorException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.bonitasoft.engine.connector.exception.SConnectorException: org.bonitasoft.engine.connector.ConnectorException: org.bonitasoft.engine.connector.ConnectorException: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Can not issue SELECT via executeUpdate().
- so do you have any idea how to fix it ? thanks anyway.
- <!-- Images -->
- [variable]: http://i68.tinypic.com/17zfcg_th.jpg
- [query]: http://i64.tinypic.com/904kf4_th.png
- [can't select single]: http://i66.tinypic.com/10z77cw_th.png
- [code]: http://i68.tinypic.com/34529l1_th.png
- [got error]: http://oi65.tinypic.com/fc7n1z.jpg
- [sqls]: http://i64.tinypic.com/2drarki_th.png