Importing 5.9.1 workspace into new 6.2.1 version

I have been using studio 5.9.1 for quite some time now when I recently encoutered some problems with the app. For instance: when creating a new lane, the application freezes.

I downloaded and installed the version 6.2.1 and installed it, but it will not let me import the workspace from the 5.9.1 version. Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck with using 5.9.1 for the rest of my life?

3 answers

Before you say goodbye... did you export all your processes in one go, or one by one? You need to export each process diagram separately into its own bar file. I know this is painful if you have a large number of process diagrams.

Chris

okay,

If this is the only migration possible, than there is no migration.
I have tried to do a advanced export of all my stuff as a bar file, with which none of them was exported correctly (all had errors). I am not going to redo all designs in this new version, so for me it is goodbye to Bonita.

Patrick.

Hi Patrick,

No, you're not stuck! Export your processes from your 5.9.1 studio as bar files, then import them into your 6.2.1 studio. Then use the guided migration feature of 6.x, described here. This automates the process migration as much as possible, though there are some things that you need to check or do manually.

See more at: http://community.bonitasoft.com/answers/upgrading-571-62-any-pitfalls#no...

Chris

Notifications