javax.transaction.xa.XAException during Bonita 7.9.2 Tomcat + SQL server 2014 installation

Hi,
I'm trying to install Bonita 7.9.2 Tomcat bundle pointing to a Sql server 2017 instance. start-bonita.bat ran without errors, but when i try to open Bonita portal, i'm getting this exception:

com.arjuna.ats.jta ARJUNA016061: TransactionImple.enlistResource - XAResource.start returned: XAException.XAER_RMERR for < formatId=131077, gtrid_length=29, bqual_length=36, tx_uid=0:ffff0a0a2202:d8fc:5ddd416e:c, node_name=1, branch_uid=0:ffff0a0a2202:d8fc:5ddd416e:4d, subordinatenodename=null, eis_name=0 >
javax.transaction.xa.XAException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Failed to create the XA control connection. Error: "The connection is closed."
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXAResource.DTC_XA_Interface(SQLServerXAResource.java:738)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXAResource.start(SQLServerXAResource.java:772)
at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionImple.enlistResource(TransactionImple.java:662).

I'm aware that i skipped "XA Transactions" part as decribed in https://documentation.bonitasoft.com/bonita/7.9/database-configuration.
My question is: is there any workaround to not make "XA transactions" configuration in my server or is this mandatory in order to Bonita runs.
Thanks in advance.

1 answer

XA transaction is mandatory for Bonita Engine to run properly and there is no workaround to avoid this requirement. XA transactions are used by Bonita Engine to make sure that data are coherent and to be able to restart from a clean state in case of an unplanned server shutdown.

Maybe you can add in a comment why you choose not to configure SQL Server to support XA transactions?

Notifications