Missing folder structure in Bonita v7.3.2

Hi Team,

I had a requirement regarding the Bonita process migration from v6.5 to v7.3.

As part of the migration I have imported the Bo’s files successfully from v6.5 to v7.3.2.
But the issue iam facing is , iam trying to add the few files into the CSS and SCRIPTS folders, through which the UI changes can be made as per my requirement.
Till v7.2 I use to add these file under the following folder structure.
Bonita Subscription v7.2 -> workspace-> Bonita -> client ->platform->tenant-template->work->theme->portal -> (CSS, SCRIPTS ,BONITA Form.html) .
It was working fine. But that folder structure is completely missing in the new version v7.3.2 of Bonita.
Whenever I do any change at the server level ,if I close and login into Bonita Studio again , all my changes were going off .
Can you please help me regarding this. I look forward for your response.

Regards
Lakshmi . .

2 answers

Hi Lakshmi

As Sean said we have removed the file system dependency (bonita_home) in 7.3.
It looks like you are trying to update the theme from the portal directly on the file system.

The way to go in BonitaBPM Subscription:

• download the default portal theme (log to portal as admin > Portal menu > Export the current Look & Feel )
  • apply your changes
  • import it (og to portal as admin > Portal menu > Import and apply a new Look & Feel)

HTH
Have fun with Bonita

Romain

Comments

Submitted by lakshmi.narla on Thu, 10/13/2016 - 15:26

Hi Romain/Sean

Thank you so much for the quick response.I did the same as you suggested.
1. Exported the current look &feel from portal (Logged as Admin) and applied the changes.
2.My customized portal is working fine as i expected.
But can you please let me know how to change the Application same as Portal.
When i try to run my application from BONITA studio Iam getting the DEFAULT Bonita screen colors (RED&White).If i login into portal all my UI changes are reflecting as expected.May i know the reason please.

Regards
Lakshmi.

As you're using Bonitasoft Subscription and Layout/Templates etc. are not available in Community you will probably get a faster and clearer response from Bonitasoft Support which comes with your subscription.

Bonita 7.3 structure has changes and it is highly unlikely to work as before, and if you are still using 6.5 processes without modification, it is probable that you will face formatting errors.

You should (according to documentation I've read) migrate your process fully by rewriting processes, forms etc. to make them work as expected. We've had to do this with a few of our processes...

regards
Seán

PS: While I understand this may not be the answer you are looking for it does answer your question, please mark as resolved by ticking the tick mark on the left of this reply so others now it is closed.

Notifications