Splitting a single diagram (that has multiple processes within) to multiple diagrams (each containing a single proces)
I have a diagram with multiple processes within it (these diagrams have interdependencies: call activities, throw-catch message mechanisms). I want to split this single diagram (that has multiple processes within) to multiple diagrams (each containing a single proces).
I have tried exporting the diagram to .bar files, deleting the orginal diagram, and trying to import the single .bar files. But when i import a single .bar file, it imports all the processes from the original diagram to a newly created diagram; Issue addead as http://community.bonitasoft.com/answers/bar-file-contains-multiple-processes-diagram-how-do-i-export-single-process-within-diagram .
I also tried duplicating the original diagram (multiple times), and removing all processes but one. But this results in corrupt process references (for call activities and throw-catch message mechanisms). The problem occurs in Bonita BPM 5.10.x at home and in Talend BPM 5.4.1 at work.
Does anyone know a good way to split a single diagram with multiple processes to multiple diagrams with a single process each?
Hello, (I understand your concern but) it shouldn't take you too long to fix the corrupted references on your messages and call activities, it would just be a matter of changing the name of the pool and putting a new one. I can understand that it is annoying, but I don't see a simpler way to do it.
As you have mentioned, the way to achieve what you are looking for is to duplicate the process diagram using the Process -> Duplicate menu. Then, for each instance of the diagram, only keep one pool and remove the others.
Studio validation may complain at first about the missing process references but this will work well at runtime.
Hope this helps,
Thanks, it worked. I tried the solution and despite the studio validation errors about missing process references, the behavior at runtime seems allright.
It would be nice if the studio validation errors could also be fixed though ;-)