What is necessary to run Bonita BPM?
You can also refer to official documentation that describes prerequisites:
Bonita BPM Studio
- It should run on Windows, Mac and Linux pc
- You need to install first a Java machine, like Oracle Java SE, or Open JDK if you are on Linux
- Just download the version for your OS, and install. You should be able to start the Studio.
- Bonita BPM Studio comes with a H2 database for development purpose.
- Bonita BPM Studio is intended for development only. When your processes are ready, you must deploy them on the Platform.
Bonita BPM Platform (Portal + Engine)
- You will need first to install a Java machine, like for the Studio. However, if your hardware is a headless server, you can install a headless version of Java, it is lighter.
- Bonita Platform is not a standalone application, you need to run it in a Java application server, for example, Tomcat or Jboss. Of course, feel free to use the one you want.
- You can download the Deploy Bundle if you want to install the Platform yourself in your application server.
- However, to ease the installation process for production, Bonitasoft provide ready to use multi OS Bundles: one with Tomcat and one with Jboss.
- You can use the default H2 provided database, or set the one you want.