Why does it take a long time for Bonita 7.12.1 to deploy my (migrated) processes?

Hi,

I recently tried the latest Bonita studio, and it had really good (and new) features compared to the 7.9 version and so i installed the 7.12.1 version. I could import the workspace from my old Bonita studio, i didnt deploy the processes, because i didnt had time at that moment. Next time i tried to deploy my process file with 1 small process it took me about 15-20 minutes... compared to the 2-10 seconds.

How could this happen?

I cant use it because even a small process takes almost half an hour, not to mention i have 10+ proc files, it would take a day to complete...

Maybe there are scripts that the new version of bonita doesnt like?

My first thought was that it updates the process file on the first deployment, but that is not the case.

Or maybe the workspace importing didnt go as it should? Should i try to import bos archive?

EDIT: I tried to import my project into the 7.11 version, and it works fine, and fast... After that i exported from 7.11 and imported into the 7.12 vesion, and again it is so slow i cant describe, even the hovering animation is slow.

EDIT No. 2: I tried to run it on my pc, with a Ryzen 5 5600x, 16gb ram, and nvme SSD (graphics doesnt matter i think, but it is an RTX card). It is still slow, not as slow as on my laptop, but still pretty bad. Dont know what to do, i think i just stick with the 7.11 version.

EDIT No. 3: My studio log is filled with this error:

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2021-02-11 15:20:30.602
!MESSAGE UI thread waiting on a job or lock.
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Call stack for thread main
at java.base@11.0.8/java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Semaphore.acquire(Semaphore.java:44)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.doAcquire(OrderedLock.java:173)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.acquire(OrderedLock.java:109)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.acquire(OrderedLock.java:85)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn(WorkManager.java:125)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:2242)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2287)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2317)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:131)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:76)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.WorkspaceOperationRunner.run(WorkspaceOperationRunner.java:66)
at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextFileDocumentProvider.executeOperation(TextFileDocumentProvider.java:461)
at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextFileDocumentProvider.synchronize(TextFileDocumentProvider.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.handleEditorInputChanged(AbstractTextEditor.java:4772)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.handleEditorInputChanged(StatusTextEditor.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.handleEditorInputChanged(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:1495)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.sanityCheckState(AbstractTextEditor.java:4912)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.sanityCheckState(StatusTextEditor.java:274)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.safelySanityCheckState(AbstractTextEditor.java:4890)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor$ActivationListener.handleActivation(AbstractTextEditor.java:959)
at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor$ActivationListener$$Lambda$1167/0x000000002e7b3040.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:40)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:185)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4005)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3633)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1158)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1047)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:658)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$$Lambda$110/0x00000000314334a8.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:154)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.application.BonitaStudioApplication.createAndRunWorkbench(BonitaStudioApplication.java:137)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.application.BonitaStudioApplication.start(BonitaStudioApplication.java:100)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base@11.0.8/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base@11.0.8/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at app//org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at app//org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at app//org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2021-02-11 15:20:31.717
!MESSAGE To avoid deadlock while executing Display.syncExec() with argument: org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.PrivilegedRunnable@632144a8, thread Worker-0: Deploying all processes from UgyfelRogzítesNemErtekesito-1.0.proc... will interrupt UI thread.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2021-02-11 15:20:31.717
!MESSAGE Worker-0: Deploying all processes from UgyfelRogzítesNemErtekesito-1.0.proc... thread is an instance of Worker or owns an ILock
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Call stack for thread Worker-0: Deploying all processes from UgyfelRogzítesNemErtekesito-1.0.proc...
at java.management@11.0.8/sun.management.ThreadImpl.dumpThreads0(Native Method)
at java.management@11.0.8/sun.management.ThreadImpl.getThreadInfo(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.reportInterruption(UILockListener.java:209)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.interruptUI(UILockListener.java:179)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PendingSyncExec.waitUntilExecuted(PendingSyncExec.java:92)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:142)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4735)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.DiagramEventBrokerThreadSafe.resourceSetChanged(DiagramEventBrokerThreadSafe.java:64)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.DiagramEditingDomainFactory$DiagramEditingDomain.postcommit(DiagramEditingDomainFactory.java:215)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.deactivate(TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.java:543)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.close(TransactionImpl.java:712)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:474)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:155)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:496)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.common.editingdomain.BonitaOperationHistory.execute(BonitaOperationHistory.java:117)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:208)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:165)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:219)
at org.eclipse.emf.edit.provider.ItemPropertyDescriptor.setPropertyValue(ItemPropertyDescriptor.java:1658)
at org.eclipse.emf.edit.provider.ItemProviderAdapter.setPropertyValue(ItemProviderAdapter.java:325)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.designer.ui.property.section.control.WebPageNameResourceChangeListener.updateMatchingFormMapping(WebPageNameResourceChangeListener.java:107)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.designer.ui.property.section.control.WebPageNameResourceChangeListener.lambda$0(WebPageNameResourceChangeListener.java:83)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.designer.ui.property.section.control.WebPageNameResourceChangeListener$$Lambda$833/0x0000000041d48440.visit(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:67)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:77)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:51)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.designer.ui.property.section.control.WebPageNameResourceChangeListener.resourceChanged(WebPageNameResourceChangeListener.java:61)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$1.run(NotificationManager.java:305)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:295)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:158)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1502)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.refreshLocal(Resource.java:1563)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.common.repository.store.AbstractRepositoryStore.refresh(AbstractRepositoryStore.java:315)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.designer.core.repository.WebArtifactRepositoryStore.getChildren(WebArtifactRepositoryStore.java:41)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.designer.core.repository.WebPageRepositoryStore.findByPageId(WebPageRepositoryStore.java:105)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.rest.api.extension.core.validation.FormsCustomPermissionsValidator.validate(FormsCustomPermissionsValidator.java:123)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.rest.api.extension.core.validation.FormsCustomPermissionsValidator.validate(FormsCustomPermissionsValidator.java:1)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.operation.DeployProcessOperation.lambda$1(DeployProcessOperation.java:219)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.operation.DeployProcessOperation$$Lambda$1162/0x000000002d3ae858.apply(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(Unknown Source)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.operation.DeployProcessOperation.validateBarContent(DeployProcessOperation.java:220)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.operation.DeployProcessOperation.deployProcess(DeployProcessOperation.java:183)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.operation.DeployProcessOperation.deploy(DeployProcessOperation.java:162)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.operation.DeployProcessOperation.run(DeployProcessOperation.java:121)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.command.DeployDiagramHandler$1.run(DeployDiagramHandler.java:99)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

Regards,

Zoltan

Comments

Submitted by romain.bioteau on Fri, 02/12/2021 - 14:51

Hi! We have identified a cause for this performance regression and are currently testing fixes. Is it something possible for you to share your 7.11 bos file to help us reproduce your issue and validate the fix ?

Don't hesitate to use the bugtracker for this kind of feedbacks !

No answers yet.
Notifications