How Configure background, and menu at Bonita

Hello,

I am new in Bonita and i try to make basic changes in the interface of bonita application and this is difficult for me. I want to change the logo image and the color of menu and background. I follow the path applications/bonita 6.5/workspace/tomcat/bonita/client/platform/tenant-template/work/theme/portal/bonita.css and when i try to change the logo or something else i don't see my change in localhost:8080/bonita I'll appreciate any help

Thanks!!!!

2 answers

+1

Have a look at this link I pulled together from all the other authors comments, acknowledgements to them.

http://community.bonitasoft.com/groups/usage-operation-6x/resolved-real-css-change#comment-37584

It works will all 6.x versions including the latest.

regards Seán

Comments

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Wed, 04/08/2015 - 16:27

I made everything right from your tutorial and font-end was ok. However when i close the bonita and open it all changed have lost. What is the problem of that????

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 04/08/2015 - 19:34

Nope never seen that before, works perfectly here...

Never seen this happen. So - very difficult to fix.

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Fri, 04/10/2015 - 09:11

Hello,

I made all the procedure that you sent me step-by-step. When i closed the engine and opened it again the blue color has disappeared and was replaced by red(start situation). The steps that i followed were: (I use Mac pc). Applications->Bonita 6.5.0->workspace->tomcat->webapp and i got the file bonita.war then i made the steps and i copied the css in the followed path Applications->Bonita 6.5.0->workspace->tomcat->client->tenants->1->work......

I can't understand my fault. I appreciate your help.

Submitted by Sean McP on Fri, 04/10/2015 - 11:25

Are you using Portal or Studio?

If Portal then this will work fine, if Studio, I haven't tried it and suspect it gets regenerated every time you start and stop Studio.

I must admit I leave studio alone and have no need to change it from default.

Try copying the new CSS file for Studio into

Studio: ~/BonitaBPMCommunity-6.x.x/workspace/tomcat/bonita/client/tenants/1/work/theme/portal

See if that works.

regards Seán

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Fri, 04/10/2015 - 13:06

Hello,

I use studio to create the workflows and then i choose the option run and open in browser a page localhost:8080/bonita....... . I copied the css file in the folder above but again when i close and start studio everything has gone. There is other way to make changes in my workflows and then run it from somewhere else???

Thank you very much for your response.

Thank you very much!!!!!

Comments

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Mon, 04/13/2015 - 17:02

can you explain how you solved the problem? the portal won't turn into blue !

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Mon, 04/13/2015 - 17:06

Hello,

I do not solve the problem....when i close the studio then all my changes ii loose them....

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Mon, 04/13/2015 - 20:41

same to me so what can we do?

Submitted by Sean McP on Tue, 04/14/2015 - 09:08

@mehdinaciri03 - you say portal, do you mean Studio or Portal? Eleni is talking about the studio only...

The above works for portal.

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Tue, 04/14/2015 - 10:40

@Sean McP yes im talking about the portal ,i want to turn it blue and i want to change the logo i did the steps in your tutorial i really dont know what the problem is

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Tue, 04/14/2015 - 10:48

also the file bonita.blue disappear when i restart bonita studio

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Tue, 04/14/2015 - 11:23

Hello,

Seán there is other way to create processes besides the Bonota Studio? Moreover do you know any good tutorial for searching textfields in bonita forms? For example if i want to search about products which the cost >5000???

Thanks in advance for you help. Eleni

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 10:52

someone can help?

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 11:43

@Eleni, I would ask your SQL question out side of this stream, it's not related to this discussion and someone could answer it better outside of this stream.

@Elenai and @mehdinaciri03 re Studio.

Right, I tested this and I can get Studio to work just fine, EXCEPT when hitting the run button for a process.

Let me explain...

I have created my bonita.css and it works in Portal. This is what I believe you have also done and this works fine.

I have copied the new bonita.css to the following directories in the STUDIO

workspace\tomcat\bonita\client\tenants\1\work\theme\portal and workspace\tomcat\bonita\client\platform\tenant-template\work\theme\portal

Make sure you restart Studio,

goto Server -> Open Portal This will (should) open the portal in the browser with your new colours

go back to Studio and click the RUN button for a process. This will open the portal with the Original red colour.

This is what I think you are seeing, and saying it's not working. Which, to a point is correct, when hitting RUN it regenerates the default bonita.css and doesn't use the new one we've asked it too. But when going to the portal first - it works.

I tried to figure it out yesterday to no avail, will have another look later,

regards

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 12:07

thank you very much for helping us

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 13:23

thank u sean now i understand , however for the portal i did the steps but i cant turn the portal into blue , is it because i have a lot of errors in winless? i copied the main.css and rename it bonita.css and paste it in workspace\tomcat\bonita\client\tenants\1\work\theme\portal i am not running the process from studio!

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 14:37

the winless errors are OK, I get them too.

In Portal you have to put the bonita.css into folder (in this case)

BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0-Tomcat-7.0.55\bonita\client\tenants\1\work\theme\portal

There is no workspace directory.

Note this is for community edition which only has /1/ portal, in subscription ones there can be multiple portals /2/ /3/ etc. which all can have different bonita.css'

Hope you get it now. regards

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 15:22

i have a workspace directory, is it because i use bonita 6.4.2 ??the folder that i have to copy is main.css and it is located in bonita-portal-theme folder right?

Submitted by mehdinaciri03 on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 15:47

thank you very much it works ,except the logo it doesn't appear anymore ! do u know anything about that?

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Thu, 04/16/2015 - 10:12

Hello,

Finally i discover that if we want to remain all of our changes after closing Bonita Studio we have to do change from preferences in Bonita studio in choice Database uncheck-->on exit clean database.

Eleni

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Thu, 04/16/2015 - 10:43

@mehdinaciri03 you can find the logo in skin.config.less-->@header-login-bgImage: and you can change it from there.

Eleni

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 04/16/2015 - 10:53

As far as I'm aware that's something different, nothing to do with colors.

That's when it removes all cases etc. so next time it starts with an clean database.

Submitted by eleni.goupiou on Thu, 04/16/2015 - 10:58

As i understand this is the way to do changes from Studio. When the choice is checked clean all files that i create and returns the portal to the starting point but when is unchecked all of my changes remain to the folder of bonita.

Submitted by Sean McP on Thu, 04/16/2015 - 10:58

or you could find logo.png and change it to your own and use that (rename the old one first don't overwrite it).

In portal put your logo.png into

BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0-Tomcat-7.0.55\bonita\client\tenants\1\work\theme\portal\skin\images

and

BonitaBPMCommunity-6.5.0-Tomcat-7.0.55\bonita\client\platform\tenant-template\work\theme\portal\skin\images

regards

PS NOTE: changing the LOGIN logo in skin.config.less doesn't seem to work, you must rename the old one and add yours with the same name...that's what I've found anyway.

Notifications