Is posible to relaunch a failed task/case?
I've just made a quick test to check. You can replay a failed activity or connector with the ProcessAPI.
Look what I've done :
- Start a process that sends a mail, connected to localhost:25, and with a FakeSmtp server not started. That way the connector fails.
- Created a new "Admin" process that : 1- type in the task ID you want to replay, 2- execute a script "apiAccessor.processAPI.retryTask(Long.parseLong(taskIdToReplay))"
- Start the FakeSmtp server
- Get the faild task id
- Launch the "Admin" process, type the ID
- The connector is reexecuted and the mail is sent :)
With the Community edition you cannot do it in the portal, but you can create batchs or scripts to replay failed tasks / connectors manually
Really helpful, Pierre. Thanks!
I'm reproducing exactly your test case (by the way, thanks a lot for introducing me FakeSmtp, it's great!).
When FakeSmpt is down, my task fail when sending the email (it's a connector-in), but I don't know how to get the failed task id, as the case seems to die after the connector fails.
Great! I did it! Thanks a lot Pierre!