Studio 6.3.2 - ??? Default Value in text String not being used...

Hi there,

BPM Studio 6.3.2 - Java 1.7.0.67 - Windows 8.1

I have a single pool, no lanes, one service step.

In the pool I have a single variable xString with a default value created via groovy script

return "this is the default text";

When I execute the "App" the pool shows it's Pageflow application screen with a blank xString text box.

Shouldn't the xString text box in the Pool Application be populated with the default value?

Thanks and regards Seán

1 answer

Hi,

no, the default value is used only if you are not setting a value in Process Instantiation Pageflow. You need to provide the initial value in the instantiation pageflow instead.

Regards,

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Tue, 08/19/2014 - 05:10

Hi Aureien,

I'm using Community Edition...

not sure I understand...surely the execution steps are

1. create pool
  2. create variables (and assign defaults)
  3. create Pool pageflow
  4. display Pool pageflow (which would show defaults)

*However *- I've just reread Execution Sequence, states and transactions and see that what i'm actually trying to do is not valid for Community Edition...

1. The Engine initializes transient data in the case start form by executing the expressions defined to set default values.
  2. SP only The Engine launches connectors to initialize transient data in the case start form. The result overrides existing default values

I think the misunderstanding is that the text says transient data where as my variables are not transient, they are solid and fixed for the whole pool...

Maybe this text should be changed to say something like which clearly states all data variables rather than transient:

1. The Engine initializes data variables in the case start form by executing the expressions defined to set default values.
  2. SP only The Engine launches any and all applicable connectors to initialize data variables in the case start form. The result overrides existing default values.

thanks and best regards Seán

Submitted by Pablo Alonso de... on Tue, 08/19/2014 - 11:17

Sean,

What Aurelein is tryng to explain is that when you are in the instantiate form (Pageflow at pool level) you still dont have the variables instantiated, so you can´t see the initial value of the xString variable.

In order to see it, you have to set up that initial value on the Text Widget, and then store in the xString variable to manage this during process life time.

Cheers

Notifications