BDM // 1) package hierarchy & 2) business object hierarchy

Hello,  (I am a newcomer on Bonita ... I hope my question is not a stupid one :) )

Is it possible to organize packages and business objects in a hierarchy tree, so that dependencies/relations are easier to view in the Studio (just like class inheritance in Java). E.g. A 'Man' or a 'Woman' are both 'HumanBeing', so they should both inherit from 'HumanBeing' BusObj characteristics.

Thank you for you help !

Regards,

John

Configuration:

Bonita Community Edition / Version : 2021.2 / Version id : u0 / Build id : 7.13.0

Hello John,

Forgive me if I am wrong, but are you trying to add multiple references in Business Objects? If so, then maybe you can check out the documentation here. Let me know, if this helps. 

Kind regards,

Soham

Hello Soham,

Let me rephrase my question.

In the business object view like this one, I would like to organize BO hierarchy as shown below this picture:

I would like to organize BO hierarchy as follow:

• com.abc.model
    <ul>
    	<li>Mammal
    	<ul>
    		<li>HumanBeing
    		<ul>
    			<li>Man</li>
    			<li>Woman</li>
    		</ul>
    		</li>
    		<li>Animal
    		<ul>
    			<li>Cattle</li>
    		</ul>
    		</li>
    	</ul>
    	</li>
    	<li>etc.</li>
    </ul>
    </li>

Doing so, Man and Woman automatically include fields and references that are defined for HumanBeing and Mammal, while Cattle inherits from Animal and Mammal. Thus, when adding or removing a field or a reference from Mammal, it is automatically applied to all Business Object inheriting from it, either directly or indirectly.

So my question is:  Is this possible with Bonita ?

Kind regards,

John

Hello John,

From my understanding it can be done by using a relationship. To, achieve this you-

> Create a business object Mammal with attributes human and animal

> Create two business objects Animal and Humanbeing with attributes cattle in Animal and man, women in Humanbeing

> In the business object Mammal change the attribute human to type Humanbeing and type Animal for animal

> Change the relationship to composition and always load related objects

Let me know if this helps. To learn more about BDM in Bonita I would invite you to read our documentation here. You can read more about about composition and aggregation relationships there. 

Kind regards,

Soham