Is it possible to reuse whole process in community edition?

I understood that open source of bonita is the same community edition ,but 
there is contradiction  between two articles:one(2018)said : open source bonita supports reuse model(process)  and another article  said it does not support  model reuse in community edition-?!

can I get help ,which is correct?

Hi Rowa,

Yes you have different options to reuse an existing project as the staring point for a new one (ie import/export capabilities, clone project from Git...) You will find all the details here

best

Miguel

Hi,

Processes resuablity can be achieved using BPMN Call Activities or BPMN Messages.
It is possible since day one in Bonita community.

HTH
Romain

Hi Rowa,

First of all, if you have new questions about different topics, can you please ask new questions? Indeed, comments are only used to share information about a single topic and help to find the answer. Having one question per topic helps a lot other members to find the answer the are looking for.

Thank you for your understanding :-)

Regarding your question about Call activities and BPM messages, please find here a useful post : https://community.bonitasoft.com/blog/when-use-call-activity-or-bpm-message

Do not hesitate to search in our blog posts as well, there are lots of tips and how tos to help you.

HTH

Hi Rowa,

do you have links to the articles, so that I understand better what you mean by "model reuse"? Thanks

Hi

the first article:

https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=88720

the second article:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S092054891630040X

they talked about reusing the existing process model not whole project

Thanks

Hi Miguel,

what is the meaning of "Community Edition only support a single workspace with a single project. "?

Is that mean I can reusing project one time or reuse one project?

and I want to know about reusing the existing process model rather than creating a new model,not the whole project

After playing around with the 2021.1 Studio, i found the option to switch between projects, in intellij or ecplise, you can edit more projects at the same time within a workspace. In community, you can only edit one project at a time, but you can switch between them if my knowledge is correct.

However if you create a process that you can use in another project, then you can export it as a bos archive, and then import it after switching projects. This is not the best solution probably, using git could be better. 

You can export a part or the whole project as a bos archive, and import a part or the whole archive in another project. 

I hope this can give you some idea what you can do with community regarding projects and processes.

regards

Zoltan

Hi,

I am thankful for your advice 

can I get links  about your ideas to reusing process models?

thanks

Hi,

is there any links for Call activities or BPMN Messages in documentation so I can  understand them?

thanks