Mysql Integration Issue

Hi all, I need to integrate Bonita with mysql to handle the engine data and the business data, for this I follow the instructions of following sections of documentation:
Tomcat bundle installation
Platform configuration
Database configuration for engine data
Database configuration for business data

Anyway while I try to create any business object, (“Development” menu “Business Data Model” Option “Manage” suboptión ), i.e., add a business object and press finish button it appears the following error:

!ENTRY org.bonitasoft.studio.common 4 0 2016-10-19 15:36:29.375
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
java.util.NoSuchElementException: Cannot find a Listener with classname org.bonitasoft.tomcat.H2Listener
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.server.PortConfigurator.findListenerWithClassName(PortConfigurator.java:171)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.server.PortConfigurator.h2TCPPort(PortConfigurator.java:157)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.server.PortConfigurator.h2PortInUse(PortConfigurator.java:110)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.server.PortConfigurator.canStartH2Server(PortConfigurator.java:100)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.BOSWebServerManager.createServer(BOSWebServerManager.java:350)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.BOSWebServerManager.startServer(BOSWebServerManager.java:204)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.BOSEngineManager.start(BOSEngineManager.java:152)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.BOSEngineManager.loginTenant(BOSEngineManager.java:285)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.BOSEngineManager.loginDefaultTenant(BOSEngineManager.java:270)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.engine.BOSEngineManager.stop(BOSEngineManager.java:190)
at org.bonitasoft.studio.application.BonitaStudioWorkbenchAdvisor$PreShutdownStudio.run(BonitaStudioWorkbenchAdvisor.java:107)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

It seems still there is any dependency with H2 db.

Version: BonitaBPMCommunity-7.3.2

I appretiate your help.

Note: my native language is spanish, excuse me for gramatical errors.

I think I know what I’m doing wrong, as per documentation I should use the studio for development environment and the platform for test/production environment; I’m doing the changes in the studio and should should do the changes in the platform.
To get and install the platform I can do the following:

1. Download Bonita BPM Community edition Tomcat bundle
  2. Or download deploy.zip
    And then follow the steps of documentation to switch from H2 db to mysql db

The problem is I only see “Bonita BPM Studio installer” in downloads page, somebody know how can I get “Bonita BPM Community edition Tomcat bundle” or “deploy.zip”?

Version: BonitaBPMCommunity-7.3.3

I appretiate your help.

Note: my native language is spanish, excuse me for gramatical errors.

MySql has problems,integrate it with postgresql.

Sounds like you’ve missed a step somewhere

Read through again…

Took me two hours the last time I did it.

I know Bonitasoft are looking at fixing the documentation so it flows much easier.

regards
Seán

Sounds like you may have missed the step that removes the H2 listener from the tomcat startup. There’s some environment startup script mentioned in the doc that specifies that part. I think it’s in the ./bin/setenv.sh or ./bin/setenv.bat (windows).

I’ve unistalled and re-intsalled bonita 7.3.3 at least 4 times from scratch, I’ve been following all steps mentioned in documentation and I still get the same error, I modified setenv.bat file to use mysql instead H2, check the image below.

I appretiate your help

Go to “customize your download”, then click on the production tab. You’ll find the bundles there. I do studio on my windows box but we run production on Linux. I’m not familiar with running the production bundles on Windows, but it’s tomcat - should be pretty much the same as long as you get the db references set up correctly.

On the downloads page, “Customize your download” is right below the big red download button.

I found it, thank you very much.

Yes - I concur. If given the opportunity, use Postgres or Oracle. We found that MySQL has issues with transaction support - if left idle for too long, it starts throwing all sorts of rollback / transaction related errors. Bouncing the app fixes it, and increasing the session timeout on the MySQL server helps mitigate it, but doesn’t give much of a warm fuzzy feeling about the stability of the solution.