Random case id generated

Hi there,

I have an App in production server, the issue is, the case id does not get generated one by one. For instance, if the current case id is 8, the next one could be 1001, and the one after that could be 2001.
At first I thought it might be some installation error when I installed mySQL or Tomcat. So I wiped everything and re-do the whole installation again, but the issue continues…

Everything except case id works fine though…
Here is the screenshot of some tasks:
http://postimg.org/image/ibhfq0m4d/

bonita case id

Could somebody tell me what is wrong with the case id generator?

(It’s BPM 6.3.7)

Thanks
Harry

Hi there,

as far as I know every time you restart the server it jumps to the next 1,000…this is not an error but by design. It ensures no duplicates within a case list of current and/or active cases.

Production in theory should run constantly so it depends on how you run your operation as to the “numbers”.

therefore:
Daily shutdown = 0-365,000 ish
Weekly shutdown = 0-52,000 ish
Monthly shutdown = 1-12,000 ish

Daily, Weekly and Monthly numbers though could go awry depending on how many cases you have during the day/week/month, if more than 1,000 then this would be incorrect.

Best not really to take any notice of the case number except as a “audit” of an individual case.

Hope this helps,
regards
Seán

Hello,
IDs are being generated by the Sequence manager. As you can read in this article, this assures better performance and a single point of usage, thus avoiding any possible conflicts. You can also read how you can configure it, in case you need it.
Cheers,
Haris