Bonita 6.3.2 - Table Widget...error in form display

Hi,

Bonita Studio 6.3.3, Java 1.7.0.67, Windows 8.1

I’m trying to use the table widget for the first time but keep getting an error…

I have a pool, with one human step…

I have created an Application Screen for the step and added a table widget.

For the widget I have gone Table-> Data->Edit as an Expression

For the data I have specified Script and used the following:

List myList = new ArrayList();
myList.add(“item 1”);
myList.add(“item 12”);
myList.add(“item 13”);
myList.add(“item 14”);
myList.add(“item 15”);
myList.add(“item 16”);
return myList;

with return type as java.util.List;

All other fields are left as default…

From my understanding this should just work…

What I get is Error while getting the form page list.

From the log I get the following.

Can anyone help? Surely this should just work.

Thanks,
Seán

INFO: THREAD_ID=39 | HOSTNAME=Mainframe | TENANT_ID=1 | The user has installed process in version <1.0> with id <6951651676412130334> 2014-09-03 17:37:05 org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.transaction.process.EnableProcess INFO: THREAD_ID=39 | HOSTNAME=Mainframe | TENANT_ID=1 | The user has enabled process in version <1.0> with id <6951651676412130334> 2014-09-03 17:37:12 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/bonita].[jsp] FINE: Disabling the response for futher output 2014-09-03 17:37:14 org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.ProcessStarter INFO: THREAD_ID=62 | HOSTNAME=Mainframe | TENANT_ID=1 | The user has started the process instance <7> of process in version <1.0> and id <6951651676412130334> 2014-09-03 17:37:21 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/bonita].[jsp] FINE: Disabling the response for futher output 2014-09-03 17:37:21 org.bonitasoft.forms.server.FormsServlet SEVERE: Error while getting the first page for application Pool--1.0--Step2$entry java.lang.IllegalArgumentException at org.bonitasoft.forms.server.api.impl.util.FormFieldValuesUtil.getAvailableValues(FormFieldValuesUtil.java:295) at org.bonitasoft.forms.server.api.impl.util.FormFieldValuesUtil.getTableAvailableValues(FormFieldValuesUtil.java:315) at org.bonitasoft.forms.server.api.impl.util.FormFieldValuesUtil.setFormWidgetAvailableValues(FormFieldValuesUtil.java:659) at org.bonitasoft.forms.server.api.impl.util.FormFieldValuesUtil.setFormWidgetValues(FormFieldValuesUtil.java:614) at org.bonitasoft.forms.server.api.impl.util.FormFieldValuesUtil.setFormWidgetsValues(FormFieldValuesUtil.java:886) at org.bonitasoft.forms.server.FormsServlet.getFormFirstPage(FormsServlet.java:234) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:561) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208) at org.bonitasoft.forms.server.FormsServlet.processCall(FormsServlet.java:138) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:643) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.bonitasoft.console.common.server.login.filter.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:53) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103) at org.bonitasoft.console.security.SessionFixationValve.invoke(SessionFixationValve.java:77) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

hello,

in this case you are supposed to return a “List<List< String >>”
so something like :

List myList = new ArrayList(); myList.add("item 1"); myList.add("item 12"); List<List> myListOfList = new ArrayList<List>(); myListOfList .add(myList); return myListOfList ;

hope this help,
Julien.

Many thanks Julien,

I just wish sometimes that the error messages were real error messages rather than tracestacks of calls…or the i actually said must be a list of lists…

anyway working and now I can move on.