Forms created in 5.2 need to be migrated to new version?

Hello!

I have an abundance of forms we've created in Bonita 5.2, but need to figure out how to use them in the current version.

I see that there is a migration tool to move to the newest edition.  Basically, we're finding the script is rendered totally different.

Can anyone guide me in how to use these with the newest version?  Is this a matter of using multiple iterations of the migration tool to get it where I need them to be?

Thank you!

Damon

hello,

There is no way to migrate a 5.2 form to a UI Designer form.

A 5.2 form uses Google GWT. Bonita 7.11 does not use this technology and moved to Angular JS.

The second point is for the server itself. There is no way to migrate a 5.x server to a 6.x server. From 6.0 server, the migration tool can migrate up to 7.11, but there is no tool to migrate a 5.x server to a 6.x server

The only thing you can do is to migrate the process itself. Here the procedure

1/ Export your process from the Studio V5 (you will have a BAR file)

2/ use a 7.0.0 studio. Then import the BAR file (you have an option "import a V5 process").

2/ in studio 7.0.0, save your process as a BOS file

3/ open a studio 7.11, and reimport the BOS file

Doing that, you will get the process definition. You have to redesign any form with the UI Designer

For the server, you have no way. If you have still an active case in V5, keep your server. Install a new V7 server and creates your new cases in the V7.

Best,