How do we maintain multiple versions of the process

Hi,

We have a requirement to maintain multiple versions of the process. We would have some process instances running as per say version 1.0 and some with version 2.0. We want both the versions to exist simultaneously. Old process instances should continue to run as per the old version and new process instances should work as per the new version. We could have more than two versions running at the same time.

What is the most effective way to achieve this? Should we maintain a mapping between the processes instance and the version used to create the instance?

Regards,
Kinjal

When you say…

We have a requirement to maintain multiple versions of the process

Do you mean “forever” or until the current cases are exhausted and after that only the new ones will be used?

“Forever” is - I want to choose process A or B depending on what I want to do.

The only way to do the “forever” version is to call them different things. Then they will both appear on the list of processes.

When doing the exhausted - this will happen automatically - process A will continue to execute as process A, even if process B is deployed. But all new cases will only be based on process B.

There is no need to create a mapping as it is already in the system,

Hope this helps,

regards
Seán

PS: If this reply answers your question, please mark a resolved.

I need to maintain multiple version until current cases are exhausted. A particular version of the process should be retained as long as there are live instances of the process. Once all the instances of a particular process version have completed, we will uninstall that version.

Is there anything we need to do to achieve this? or the its already taken care by the system.

Regards,
Kinjal

It’s essentially taken care of by the system…

regards
Seán