is bonita bpm 7.1.3 - community compatible with mysql 5.6?

I am using bonita bpm 7.1.3 community version in my poc, I need to use mysql as my rdbms , but from the user guide in bonita official site, mentioned about some compatible issues?So I want to make sure, is 7.1.3 can integrtae with mysql-5.6.

When you say use MySQL as your RDBMS are you talking about just for user data (via java and connectors) or are you planning on using MySQL as the Bonitasoft database as well?

If the former - It should be fine,

if the later the documentation actually states

http://documentation.bonitasoft.com/hardware-and-software-requirements-2

1. MySQL must be configured with innoDB storage engine.
  2. Warning: There are known issues with the management of XA transactions by MySQL engine and driver: see MySQL bugs 17343 and 12161 for more details. Thus, using MySQL database in a production environment does not work and is not supported.

So depending on your use, it should be fine, but not in the other… :slight_smile:

Hope that helps

regards
Seán

PS: If this reply answers your question, please mark a resolved.

We are in process of migrating jbpm to bonita, the existing environment (dev, test and prod) using mysql as rdbms(both jbpm schema and business data), so as you mentioned bonita bpm is not compatible with mysql5.6 , am I correct?

If you are going to implement Bonitasoft using MySQL it is not supported for the reasons given…if these bugs have been fixed in 5.6 then Bonitasoft may change the advice.

Their advise is clear, don’t use Bonitasoft on MySQL…

However if you are running Bonitasoft on say PostgreSQL and your user data is on MySQL then this will be OK…

regards
Seán

Thank you