Bonita 6.3.3 - Form Design - Submit Button - Actions...

Hi there,

I have been questioning my own logic for a couple of hours and then I find it's not my logic...

On a task form add a submit button, in General->Actions add an action that says:

var1 is defined as String

var1 {takes value of} "ABC" // it is a string value

after the task have a XOR gate which tests the value of var1 with transition conditions as follows:

var1=="ABC" //take the branch default //don't take the branch

What happens - you always get the default...

This took me a while to work out...

When doing the var1 {takes value of} "ABC", i assigns in full the string "ABC", yes with the quotes.

to get this to work correctly you need to do var1 {takes value of} ABC, which to me is logically incorrect. Without quotes should indicate an other variable (why I don't know) but with quotes shoul be used as a simple string...and the quotes removed when assigning the actual value.

Can someone explain this to me as it doesn't really make sense.

Thanks and regards Seán

1 answer

+1

Hi Seán, every value on the right side of the action or operation is also defined by its expression type - variable, constant, script or form field, and this is the explanation. When you simply type in ABC, it would be considered to be a constant, so there couldn't be a misunderstanding with a reference to a variable. This is indicated by a small icon that appears in the drop-down, as well. On the other hand, when working with a constant of String type, it is more simple not to force you to use escape characters. If you need quotes as part of your text, then you can simply type them in, without a need to know what is the correct escape character and how to use it. I hope it makes more sense now, Cheers, Haris

Notifications