Bonita 6.3.3 - Java Connector failure... Messages.getString

Hi there,

Bonita Studio 6.3.3, Java 1.7.0.67, Windows 8.1

I've created a Java connector with no inputs and only outputs. the purpose is to pull data from a parameters file and return to the process.

When return values are hard coded the connector works but when I use Source->Externalize Strings (to create a messages.properties file) and then I execute I get an error

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
org.bonitasoft.engine.bpm.connector.ConnectorExecutionException: USERNAME=install | org.bonitasoft.engine.core.connector.exception.SConnectorException: org.bonitasoft.engine.connector.exception.SConnectorException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

According to Oracle this exception says:

*Signals that an unexpected exception has occurred in a static initializer. An ExceptionInInitializerError is thrown to indicate that an exception occurred during evaluation of a static initializer or the initializer for a static variable. *

I've had a look and I see the messages.java has static initializers, as this code is generated by Bonita how do we fix it?

Thanks and best regards Seán

1 answer

Hi,

does the messages.properties file available in the .bar? Source-> Externalize Strings is an Eclipse feature (I mean not specific to Bonita). Can you try to provide the full stacktrace please?

Regards,

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Wed, 09/03/2014 - 16:55

I haven't even got as far as a BAR, this is just within Studio.

There is no further stack trace, the simple way to test it is

Open Studio, create a new connector definition (use defaults) no ins or outs. Create a new connector implementation (use defaults) in the Java TODO section

add code

String s1 = "Test";

Do Source->Externalize Strings,

Eclipse will do its stuff...create a messages.properties file, the class and java code

Save the code then Test the connector using Development->Test Connector

This is where you will find the failure.

Submitted by aurelien.pupier on Wed, 09/03/2014 - 17:38

Ok, I understood the issue. The message.properties is not embedded in the jar connector that we are generating. We never thought about this use case. Please open a feature request.

Thanks for the report.

Notifications